Author Topic: [LAYOUT] NoisyBox 1.2 ***UPDATE*** with Nx iconpack  (Read 8816 times)

peedanee

• View Profile
[LAYOUT] NoisyBox 1.2 ***UPDATE*** with Nx iconpack
« on: May 29, 2012, 18:05:24 »
Hi, guys.  :D

I want to share my custom layout named NoisyBox. It based on BeatBox which its fork--Noise is used in elementaryos Luna project.

Title : NoisyBox
Author : peedanee

It aims to deliver a simple interface for gmusicbrowser. So I'll try to remove redundancy as much as possible. Stay tune for updates.

***UPDATE***
Version : 1.2

Changes:
  • Adding "Library" tab
  • Move "Show Equalizer" from Menu to status bar
  • New icon: Nx iconpack. Basically it's an elementary icon modified a bit to make it bigger and clearer. From now on next version will use this icon
Thank you mgrubert for suggesting "Library" tab. :)

Version : 1.1

Minor changes:
  • Adding "Layout" and "Check Library" in Menu
  • Changing "Import Folders" and "About" tips
  • Adding "NoisyBox" category in Layout menu
Thank you ochosi for pointing out relation between G+ and LayoutItem. :)

Version : 1.0

Features:
  • Album art view, songtree view and songlist view with genre-artists-album filterpanes
  • Simple menu which contains what we need the most: Import Folders (Multiple folders only) , Rescan Library, Show Equalizer, Preferences and About
  • Artist info panel (show/hide with toggle button)
  • Filter panel and Queue panel (tabbed panes)
  • Show cover in List View
Known bugs (AFAIK):
  • For now "Import Folders" menu only works for multiple folders only. It can't import single folder yet.
  • I want NoisyBox to display no-cover.svg at first run but Cover(default=elementary/no-cover.svg,showcover=0) won't work, IDK whats wrong. In the end I decide to use only Cover without any option.
I'll appreciate comments and suggestions to make NoisyBox better. :)

Special thanks to Quentin Sculo for give me suggestion regarding RunPerlCode(::ChooseAddPath(1,1)) and also for making this great player. Also for elementary team which inspired me to make this layout. :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:26:49 by peedanee »

ochosi

• View Profile
that all sounds nice and swell, but where is the layout?  :D

peedanee

• View Profile
Hi, ochosi. :)

Teehee, my bad.  :-[
I already added attachment for the layout. Screenshots on the way.

ochosi

• View Profile
looks great (and somewhat similar to shimmer-desktop ;) ) and might fit well into the "make it look like" category!

peedanee

• View Profile
Yeah, it really is. After I took a good look at shimmer layout and after found out that I can customize the layout. I thought I can make it look like Noise. So here it is.  :)

Next, for simplicity, I plan to remove queue pane once I figure out what "Lists" really does. I tried  "Save current list as" menu but it didn't work. Do you know why?

Oh, another thing I want to ask, is it possible to customize right click context menu?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 21:17:54 by peedanee »

peedanee

• View Profile
Can someone help me how to show "no-cover.svg" in NoisyBox-1.0 layout at first run?

ochosi

• View Profile
I haven't looked at the layout code yet, but it seems you're only showing the cover in the listview (not the treeview-with-cover and not the mosaic view), is that on purpose?

"no-cover.svg" is only supposed to be shown when the currently playing album has no cover/artwork set.

peedanee

• View Profile
Yes that's in purpose. Because mosaic view already displays big covers and treeview  also has album covers so its pointless to provide them with another cover. :)

Regarding "no-cover.svg", at first run (before import any songs to library) shimmer desktop able to show it while NoisyBox can't do that. I checked my code but can't figure out why. I need another point view from you guys.

ochosi

• View Profile
I don't think there's a direct problem with the code. If you resize the sidepane that holds the cover-widget (even by 1px), the no-cover.svg shows up. Probably a bug in gmusicbrowser, I'm not 100% sure.

Please change the layout Type to G (instead of G+), G+ is only meant for layouts that contain a "layouts" menu or submenu, so users can switch back and forth without having to go to the layouts tab in the preferences window.

peedanee

• View Profile
Re: [LAYOUT] NoisyBox 1.1 ***UPDATE***
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 19:05:17 »
Can we report bugs through this forum?

Rather than change it to G Type, I decide to add "Layout" menu item in NoisyBox 1.1 . :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 19:21:25 by peedanee »

mgrubert

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 00:23:26 »
You should add a "quit" item in menu too.
And may be a option to hide/show picture.
And, IMHO, the statut bar on bottom should be an unique widjet instead of two widjets.

peedanee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 08:02:25 »
NoisyBox aim to be simple, adding "Quit" item is redundant because every window manager already has close button in title bar. :)
Again there's no option to hide/show picture for the sake of simplicity. One of NoisyBox feature is only show cover picture in List View.

Can you suggest what kind of unique widget that is? I might interested in adding another useful widget.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:26:13 by peedanee »

mgrubert

• View Profile
Re : [LAYOUT] NoisyBox 1.1 ***UPDATE***
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 09:51:53 »
Every music browser I know doesn't close its window through title bar button but reduce to systray.

peedanee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 10:33:36 »
I can't see any problem there. If anyone doesn't want gmusicbrowser to minimize to systray, they can disable it in "Preferences". :)
Furthermore Close Button and Quit menu, whether completely close application or reduce it to systray, serve the same purpose that is to get rid applications window from desktop.

mgrubert

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 20:42:42 »
The problem is : how to quit gmb if you had chose "close button = reduce to systray" ?
You have to go to the systray and chose "quit".
IMHO a quit item in the menu could be usefull (in my layout I put a quit button on layout).
But if you want to be as close to Beatbox as possible, you can avoid this usefull item.
For reach beatbox layout, don't forget to :
* limit your statut bar to right panel (no statut bar on left panel on Beatbox)
* put random button
* add library tab (beatbox = library + playlists)
* regroup all library item in the menu in a submenu

Regards