Author Topic: Features List  (Read 10157 times)

cardiacanesthesia

• View Profile
Re: Features List
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 11:10:46 »
Sorry for being repetetive
but Why not  try the Mirage Plugin from Banashee?
by selecting songs with similar audio properties?

ochosi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 13:15:07 »
Sorry for being repetetive
but Why not  try the Mirage Plugin from Banashee?
by selecting songs with similar audio properties?
my simple answer is that i already wrote a plugin that accesses last.fm's api (so i'm familiar with it) and the current implementation seemed easiest for now (it's about 30 lines of new code added to the artistinfo-plugin).
i can look at mirage if 1) the current similar-artists implementation doesn't satisfy me and 2) i have enough time to start a new project.

i'll post the call for testing in a new thread.

VastOne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 20:56:10 »
EDIT - I have since found that Ochosi has done exactly this in the shimmer project..

I do not know what ever became of this discussion, but after reading it I had a thought..

From the artistinfo plugin the similar artist feature does a great job capturing a similar artist and basing a % on it, IMHO

So why not capture that info in your plugin and just like artistinfo have the ability to choose the % of accuracy...

So if I only wanted artists from my library that is 65% similar then every thing 65% - 100% would be added...  this gives the range needed to really isolate or be as vague as one wanted...

If I understood the code a little better, I would try this.. 

And of course, I could be dead wrong on the idea anyway...  Just my 3 cents...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 21:06:56 by VastOne »

ochosi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 13:32:38 »
 :)
quentin updated the artistinfo-plugin to the latest version (including the queue-mode) a few days ago, so feel free to grab it from there.
or if you're a ubuntu-user: i just recently uploaded a new version to the ppa which also has the new artistinfo-plugin (with the queue-mode) included.

VastOne

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 01:31:09 »
I am now using this and it is fantastic!!  It was the only thing I missed from other players..

Thank you ochosi and squentin!!