June 03, 2010, 14:37:48 Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 14:40:43 by DarkSkyGhost
1. When some folder is dragged from nautilus to active playlist (list), GMB adds only those files which were one level deeper. This behavior is a little bit annoying when album has two CD's in separate folders. (I suspect this is a protection from accidentally adding whole music library into GMB and making it freeze for a long time or even crash.)

Would it be possible for GMB to scan all folders inside (at least two-three levels deep) and add everything there?

2. When files from file manager are dragged into active playlist, GMB still plays that playlist as it was unmodified and playback stops when new files are reached. Playlist is updated only when playback is restarted.

Could GMB automatically update playlist so playback restart wouldn't be necessary?

Of course, if this kind of behavior is intended (asked for before) and in some way it is better/more convenient, I'll understand.

Quote from: DarkSkyGhost on June 03, 2010, 14:37:48
1. When some folder is dragged from nautilus to active playlist (list), GMB adds only those files which were one level deeper. This behavior is a little bit annoying when album has two CD's in separate folders. (I suspect this is a protection from accidentally adding whole music library into GMB and making it freeze for a long time or even crash.)

Would it be possible for GMB to scan all folders inside (at least two-three levels deep) and add everything there?
Yes it's a protection against dropping a HUGE number of files, because currently this would freeze the gui with no way to abort until it is finished. I'll fix that eventually.
Limiting the depths might be a temporary solution, but it's a bit strange, and even 2 levels can be a lot (most of my music is at 2 levels from the main music folder).
I'll think about it soon when I do some planned changes in the scanning functions.

2. When files from file manager are dragged into active playlist, GMB still plays that playlist as it was unmodified and playback stops when new files are reached. Playlist is updated only when playback is restarted.

Could GMB automatically update playlist so playback restart wouldn't be necessary?
I can't reproduce it, even with version 1.0.x. What version are you using ? And can you give me more details on what you do exactly ?

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on June 03, 2010, 21:47:56
I can't reproduce it, even with version 1.0.x. What version are you using ? And can you give me more details on what you do exactly ?

Can't tell more exactly what I'm doing... It just happens every time, no matter what I do.

Using latest version 1.1.5 from git and layout "with tabbedlists". When I drop any file into tabbed list, even song counter doesn't change.

In terminal, I get this:

SongArray_changed insert,33 ARRAY(0x665df48)

Only number in () changes.

On removing:

SongArray_changed remove,ARRAY(0x29acc80) ARRAY(0x665e3e0)

Waitasecond... changed layout to "with playlist", and everything works flawlessly. So this is layout thingie?

#3 June 11, 2010, 16:23:32 Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:43:20 by bucaneer
I can report a similar problem: after moving the currently playing song to the bottom of a playlist, playback stops with that particular song, even if I move it back up or add new songs to the playlist. The song count seems to go over the limits too, e.g. if a playlist has 50 songs and I start playing it from the beginning, Pos widget accurately shows "1/50", but when when I move playing song to the end, it changes to "51/50", not "50/50" like it should. If I add new songs afterwards, this pops up in terminal:

Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /home/justas/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_songs.pm line 2228.

I'm using the latest version from git and a custom layout that displays playlist in TabbedLists.

EDIT: the fix in git works perfectly, thanks!

Someone recently complained about this in the French forum (http://forum.gmusicbrowser.org/index.php?topic=161.0), this made me think a bit more about your replies, and I finally understood the problem.
In v1.1.x, contrary to v1.0.x, once you start playing a list of songs, a copy of this list is made, and used as the playlist, and the playlist and original list are not linked, if you then modify one, the other is not modified.
So if you want to change the current playlist, you need to drag files into the "playlist" tab, not the tab that contains the saved list.
I may change this behavior, I'm not sure which one is better or more expected, but the current one is much simpler, that's why I chose to begin by implementing this behavior, while I make up my mind.