March 19, 2011, 13:35:24 Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 16:08:42 by helloindustries
Yeah, me again. Asking for help with a layout.
This time it's meant to sit on top of the gnome panel:

(as a modification to the above, the font should be Ubuntu 8pt)

Maybe aboettger would be kind enough to help me on this one?

[source BG png attached to post]
Icons used in image are from the very excellent Faenza icon set.

Quote from: helloindustries on March 19, 2011, 13:35:24
Yeah, me again. Asking for help with a layout.
This time it's meant to sit on top of the gnome panel:

(as a modification to the above, the font should be Ubuntu 8pt)

Maybe aboettger would be kind enough to help me on this one?

[source BG png attached to post]
Icons used in image are from the very excellent Faenza icon set.

Are you aware of the Titlebar plugin?  It gives a unique layout to any current Window.

I realize this is not the panel you are requesting, but I think to do that may need a function to add the layout to the panel ("Add to Panel") which is an entirely different set of functions.

Not tried that function as yet.
Thanks for the heads-up, i'll have a play now :)

As for the requested layout, you can set them as on-top of all windows and simply place it anywhere on screen, even over the panel.
I probably should have been more clear about that originally, i suppose.

Quote from: aboettger on March 21, 2011, 19:56:21
Completed ... https://github.com/aboettger/gmusicbrowser-layouts

Hate to be a pain, but could i ask for a very small tweak?

The text needs moving down by 1px, and left by 3pix

Quote from: aboettger on March 22, 2011, 17:46:50
Ok, you can test it.

Vertical adjustments are perfect, but the horizontal placement of text seems to have moved 1pix or so to the right.

See attached before/after image :)

Again, thank you.

oh, and the BG i'm using (attached)

OK, on further tweaking and such, the vertical text placement is still fine, but the horizontal alignment is still off a bit.
I can't figure out where that line on the far right of the BG image is coming from, as it isn't in the BG image itself (attached).

Also getting some text run-over on long titles. Any chance of restricting the text to the areas indicated on the attached shot?

As ever; Thanks for the help.
I can't wrap my head around the customisation method used for the widgets at all. I find it quite confusing. I'd be fine if it used XML or something similar. For example; I got on just fine with making CoverGloobus layouts.

I have reduced the width of the textbox for the artist.

Quote from: aboettger on March 23, 2011, 18:57:21
I have reduced the width of the textbox for the artist.

Much appreciated :)

After comparing the existing layout code, and the new one, i can now see how to adjust some parts, mostly the artist and track title position and max width. After a quick play with the values, i find the following to be ideal for the layout as it stands:

FBMainContainer = \
24,1,183,23 Title(yalign=0.5,xalign=0,markup="%t",click1="") \
239,1,145,23 Artist(yalign=0.5,xalign=0,markup="%a",click1="")

I won't need to constantly bug you for such trivial changes any more :)
But hey; as ever i really appreciate all the help.

Hi. I modified this a bit further, but I would really like to see somekind of 'progressbar' for example to fill last box (with time) with different color as the song plays. Is this possible? I couldn't find anything but moving 'pad' to put in layout, and that isn't quite what I would like.

Well, I found somekind of a compromise. It seems that timebar can't be skinned, though, so this doesn't look so pretty that I hoped for (and I'm not going to change my system looks just because of this... :))