Hi there from France !

I have just discovered gmusicbrowser following Rizlaw's instruction on head-hifi.org on the subject Bit Perfect Audio from Linux.
Very much please about the content of this player.
However, I am facing with the following issue : playing error : resources not found at ...
The error comes out ramdomly, and the player stops playing.
I attach a couple of screenshots of it.

My setup details :
HTPC :
mother board AM1I-A from ASUS
CPU AMD Athlon 5350 APU with Radeon R3 x 4
USB Interface Device : Musical Fidelity V-Link 192 (SPDIF)

ALSA is well selected in the Setting tabs, as well as the proper hw:

Thank you for your help !!!

Graziano

Hi,

Same problem here :-/
Would you look at what is you version of gstreamermm ? I feel that it comes from the last update... [2015-02-28 01:52] [ALPM] upgraded gstreamermm (1.0.10-1 -> 1.4.3-1)

Hi there hansi,

I've got installed this version of gmusicbrowser : 1.1.12

Thank you

And what is you version of gstreamermm ? Or even version of your gstreamer stack ?

With you package manager. You're using Linux Mint, a Debian based so APT is your package manager.
Sorry but I forgot APT since a long time ago, maybe something like "$ apt-get search gstreamer" could do the job...

libgstreamermm-0.10-dbg ---> version 0.10.11-0ubuntu2
libgstreamermm-0.10-doc ---> version 0.10.11-0ubuntu2
libgstreamermm-0.10-2 ---> version 0.10.11-0ubuntu2
libgstreamermm-0.10-dev ---> version 0.10.11-0ubuntu2

hope this helps ...

Mmh, I'm not sure of anything but since (today) I installed the very last version of Gmusicbrowser from the -git repository + the gstreamer-1.x stack (instead of gstreamer0.10) + perl-glib-object-introspection, and poof there is no error messages anymore...
That's great, but I assume that could be more tricky with a distro like Mint or any of Debian based that are not a rolling release :-/

Sorry for not replying, did you try changing the audio output ? I've had reports of that problem before, I suspect it's the audio output that doesn't support multiple connection, and somehow gstreamer's trying to open it for the new song before the previous connection for the previous song is fully closed. Can you play something else at the same time as using gmb ?

Other than that, upgrading to the latest gmb shouldn't be too hard (I'll do a release soon), if you can install perl-glib-object-introspection it will allow you to use gstreamer-1 which might fix the problem as it did for hansi.

Thank you Squentin,

Will be trying all that very soon, will keep you posted.

Thank you very much for writing a such performing player, of it I especially like the multiple-songs tagging function above the others ...

Thank you so much, indeed,

Graziano.