Hi,

after moving to latest version (1.1.9) once again a very useful tab inside shimmer-Layout got lost:

Amidst playlist-, queue- and artistinfotab there was kind of a "universal" tab, which started as an artist tab (where one could scroll through the artists), but with the possibility to extend it with further subtabs, like "date added" or genre in cloud mode...

Since it dissappeared already several times, I'd like a way to restore it, without erasing the configuration folder!

Greetz, staubi

I'm not sure what happened, but what you are describing is simply a FilterPane, that is used to list artists, album, genres, saved lists and filters, ... Some layouts hide its tab(s) by default (the first time you use them), and thus hide the menu allowing you to add/remove other tabs, but you can always bring the tabs back from the menu you get by right-clicking inside the FilterPane, and choose "show tabs".

Hi Quentin,

I think my description was not so clear, so I'll try it with a picture (unfortunately I don't have one with the tab I'm looking for)

Greetings, staubi

#3 March 29, 2012, 17:33:34 Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 17:38:28 by mgrubert
Right click on tabs and choose 'open xxx' to add a new tab, but there is no 'artists' tab (nor in the choice 'open xxx' neither by default in this layout)

In this layout you can show "genre, etc" by clicking on those buttons :

If you want antoher kind of layout, try another :p

I don't know where your Artists tab was coming from, but you can easily add by adding something like this :
FilterPane1(tabtitle="whatever you want",nb=1,hidebb=1)
to this line :
NBList = (tabpos="bottom") QueueList(songtree=1,tabtitle=_"Queue (%n)",tabicon="",cols="queuenumber titleaa",colwidth="queuenumber 20 titleaa 248",showbb=1,hscrollbar=0) HBLyrics VBAlbuminfo VBArtistinfo
in the shimmer desktop layout. To do that copy the layout from the file /usr/share/gmusicbrowser/layouts/shimmer.layout and put it in a .layout file in ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts/ and change its name (the part between [] at the start)

@ both of You:

Thanks for Your help! I don't know what I have done before, but I had this tab for a long time, then one day it disappeared (I think when upgrading to some 1.1.x) I erased the config-files and it came back...
This time (when upgrading to 1.1.9) it disappeared again, but even deleting the config did not help anymore...

But now, thanks to Quentins description it's there again ;) Thanks a lot! I miss quite often the overview of what is new, so this tab helps me to find it! For me it works much better than the normal filter in the lower left side!

Again and again: I really appreciate the gmusicbrowser! Thanks to everyone involved in the development!

hey staubi,

sorry for taking so long to reply.
the artists-tab has been dropped a while ago, as i was reshaping the left-side of the player to become more contextual and less of a filter. (i added filters like "artists" in the list-view instead)

since quentin has already told you how to get it back there's no need for me to repeat that now.

so the main thing you use this "universal" tab for is filtering for recently added songs?
(i personally use a "history"-sort mode in songtree to see what has been added recently.)