March 23, 2012, 17:44:52 Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 23:28:47 by M_Mynaardt
Hi there!

I've been trying, with no luck at all, to make a static playlist in gmusicbrowser.

I can create an initial list, no problem.  However, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to add other songs to a static play list.

I've tried to drag and click to a static playlist I've made.  And I have tried to right click on a song and select "add to list [name]", but the result is the same; nothing will get added to the list I've made.   >:(

Is there some sort of not-quite-obvious step or setting I'm missing?

thanks!

weird !

I don't often use static lists (but dynamic list), but when I do that, I put the layout "list, library & context" on and I make my job without problem. With other layout, I have problem, but I don't often use static list so I didn't explore more.

There is a bug, fixed in v1.1.9, where the filter cache is not cleared when a static list is modified, so re-selecting the static list won't show songs that have been added until the cache is cleared.
Though the best way to edit a static list is probably to open it in a Tabbedlists (right click on the tabs) or open it in a new window by right clicking on the name of the list and choose "edit list...". With either of these 2 methods you can drag and drop and reorder songs in the static list, and it will not be affected by the bug I mentioned as it doesn't use filters.
btw if you don't need a specific ordering of the songs, I recommend using labels instead of a static list.

Oh, heck!

Timing is everything.  Since I posted this post about having trouble making Static Playlists work, I figured out how to make and save (dynamic) filters.
:o

Anyway, those are quite a bit nicer than static filters, near as I could tell.  I didn't realize until I actually had a close look at filter criteria that I can really customize filters to my hearts contents, so I effectively have play lists with songs overlapping in more than one playlist or filter.

What I like about these filters was that I can select the contents of a folder's name as a filter criteria.  And as luck would have it, I have my tunes sorted in folders by my favorite broad categories of music.

Thanks for the advice, though.  I just should have been a bit more patient in trying to figure out the cool features in gmusicbrowser.

Thanks all!
8)