November 12, 2011, 20:29:43 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 20:56:49 by helloindustries
Hi all,

Earlier today, GMB began refusing to start with my existing config settings (.config/gmusicbrowser) - It starts just fine with a new profile.

Terminal outputs the following error:

$ gmusicbrowser
print() on closed filehandle $fifofh at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 291.
GStreamer::Interfaces perl module not found -> visuals not available
Reading saved tags in /home/USER/.config/gmusicbrowser/gmbrc ...
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 611.

If anyone knows what i need to do to rescue my profile (and the almost 1000 faved tracks etc) i'd really appreciate it.

Running:
Linux mint 11 x86 pae
shimmer ppa
GMB v1.1.8

Sorry about that, someone emailed me about this error too, I guess it's a recent change, it will soon be fixed.
I'm searching for what it could be, but if you could run it with the options -backtrace, the output would help me finding it faster.

Well, at least i know it's not something i've done.
That's a start :)

As requested, the terminal output with the option of -backtrace:

gmusicbrowser -backtrace
print() on closed filehandle $fifofh at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 291.
at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 291
main::BEGIN() called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 317
eval {...} called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 317
GStreamer::Interfaces perl module not found -> visuals not available
at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_gstreamer-0.10.pm line 74
Play_GST::BEGIN() called at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_gstreamer-0.10.pm line 80
eval {...} called at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_gstreamer-0.10.pm line 80
require gmusicbrowser_gstreamer-0.10.pm called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1246
eval {...} called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1246
Reading saved tags in /home/USERNAME/.config/gmusicbrowser/gmbrc ...
at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1871
main::ReadSavedTags() called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1251
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 611.
at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 611
main::OneInCommon('ARRAY(0xb260d18)', undef) called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 4845
main::SongsChanged('ARRAY(0xb260d18)', 'ARRAY(0xc07d4f8)') called at (eval 62) line 172
Songs::__ANON__('ARRAY(0xc07d2e8)', 'HASH(0x98436e8)') called at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_songs.pm line 1610
Songs::Set('ARRAY(0xc07d2e8)', 'missing', 2873) called at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_songs.pm line 1722
Songs::AddMissing('ARRAY(0xc07d2e8)') called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1940
main::ReadSavedTags() called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1251

That was fast :)

I have no idea what to do with that, so i'll just wait for the update.

While waiting for an update you can simply remove this line in  /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser  (should be line 1940 in your version) :
Songs::AddMissing( Songs::AllFilter('missing:-e:0') );
It will only prevent songs that were recently removed to recover their non-tag properties if you add them back

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on November 12, 2011, 22:08:17
While waiting for an update you can simply remove this line in  /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser  (should be line 1940 in your version) :
Songs::AddMissing( Songs::AllFilter('missing:-e:0') );
It will only prevent songs that were recently removed to recover their non-tag properties if you add them back

Awesome! That fixed it :D
Again; This is one of the main reasons i love GMB: Great support from the developer.

Thanks so much, Quentin.

thanks to both of you for catching and fixing the bug. i'm already uploading updated packages to the ppa, so you should get your fix very soon.

Just wanted to say great job by all on this and to echo what helloindustries said

QuoteThis is one of the main reasons i love GMB: Great support from the developer