October 28, 2011, 13:44:51 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 18:47:50 by shamen456
Hello all...

... back to the forums for a small problem...
I've some desktop widgets on my screen and I recently decided to change the layout of my desktop (upgraded to ubuntu 11.10 oneiric and decided to place unity on the bottom of the screen) but I've found that I can't change the parameters of the widgets, they do not appear in the configuration window of the plugins

...I can add new desktop widgets but I can't remove them...or move them afterward...

I have GMB 1.1.8 installed

Strange, can you make a screenshot of the plugin configuration dialog to make sure there is no mis-understanding of what is going on ?

Here are the screenshots...
as you can see on the snapshot64, I don't have the dialog in the window...
and as you can see in snapshot63, I can add widgets to the desktop but can't configure them... (I had to move them with "alt+left clic" using compiz)

very strange, the only way I could reproduce this appearance is by forcing the ScrolledWindow that contains the list to request a size of 1x1. I don't know what could cause that.
Do the options appear when you add a widget ? And can you to click on the line and see if you can make the options appear ? In my test with the 1x1 size request I can do that.
Can you run it from a terminal and check if any error message is printed ?

i have indeed the scrollable window reduced to a 1 pixel line...i can see some black spots when scrolling and if i manage to clic on the line I have the options screen...
here is what i get from a terminal...

gmusicbrowser
Reading saved tags in /home/jacques/.config/gmusicbrowser/gmbrc ...
Reading saved tags in /home/jacques/.config/gmusicbrowser/gmbrc ... done
Ignoring layout 'test_visuals' because it is based on unknown layout 'default player layout'
Ignoring layout 'test_visuals' because it is based on unknown layout 'default player layout'
Argument "\x{31}\x{35}..." isn't numeric in sprintf at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 540.
Argument "\x{31}\x{35}..." isn't numeric in sprintf at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 540.
layout error: Quit already has a parent -> can't put it in HBButtons
layout error: ChooseRandAlbum already has a parent -> can't put it in HBButtons
Can't add unknown widget 'Filler0' to sizegroup
Can't add unknown widget 'LockAlbum' to sizegroup

I've found somehow a workaround ...

if I clic on the line I have the option screen and then with the arrows (up and down) I can change the active desktop widget...

Can you test without any custom layouts ?  to do that you can rename ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts to, for example, ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts.disabled

Also, could you run it from a terminal with the option -backtrace, and show me what it prints after one of the "Argument "\x{31}\x{35}..." isn't numeric in sprintf at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 540." ?

I've tested without any layout (I've created a new user on my laptop) and with backtrace, but I still have the same problem (1pixel x 1 line)

here is the result of the terminal but I don't see any error:

gmusicbrowser -backtrace
Reading saved tags in /home/gnome3/.config/gmusicbrowser/gmbrc ...
at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1871
   main::ReadSavedTags() called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1251
Reading saved tags in /home/gnome3/.config/gmusicbrowser/gmbrc ... done
at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1959
   main::ReadSavedTags() called at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1251

Is there a way I can fix the height of the box?

It turns out it is due to ubuntu's special scrollbars, the scrolledwindow by default only request enough size for its scrollbars, but in ubuntu's case, it result in nothing. I fixed in git : http://git.gmusicbrowser.org/commit/3d75f91e33
It also affected the comment entry in the song properties dialog, tell me if you find any other place it might affect.

Thank You, It works perfectly now...And I didn't found any other occurence of this problem

I'll post a new message in this thread if I find one...