Today's update removed the option for me to select a custom layout, saved in /home/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts

The option to have GMB look like other players is great and all that, but i'd really prefer to have my custom layout back, please.

I don't see what change could have caused that, can you be more specific ?

in case you're using my ppa, i cleaned up the default layouts a few days ago after evaluating them since i think it's better to ship less but nicer layouts :)

i don't see how that could affect your custom layout selection though, are you sure you're not just missing the other default layouts?

Quote from: ochosi on February 21, 2011, 07:15:55
in case you're using my ppa, i cleaned up the default layouts a few days ago after evaluating them since i think it's better to ship less but nicer layouts :)

i don't see how that could affect your custom layout selection though, are you sure you're not just missing the other default layouts?

If you maintain the shimmer PPA, then yes.
I suppose i should really have mentioned that in my original post...

The layout options i have are:

make it look like>
exaile
quodlibet
rhythmbox
rhythmbox compact

minimal
netbook
shimmer
small player
with queue
with search
with tabbedlists

And that's all.

yes, i reduced the layouts to these, if you edited a layout in /usr/share/gmusicbrowser/layouts then i'm afraid it's gone.
if your layout is in /home/$USER/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts/ then it should in fact show up in the list.

Quote from: ochosi on February 21, 2011, 18:04:50
yes, i reduced the layouts to these, if you edited a layout in /usr/share/gmusicbrowser/layouts then i'm afraid it's gone.
if your layout is in /home/$USER/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts/ then it should in fact show up in the list.

My custom layout is in /home/$USER/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts/custom2.layout but doesn't show up.

Is the file completely gone? 

The other issue is that it could have "lost" it's [Title] at the top and would not show up.

I am sure that no update removed a file from /home/$USER/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts/

The file is still there, as are it's contents:

[Playlist, Library & Context (custom 2)] based on Playlist, Library & Context
HPfp1 = _FilterPane3(hidebb=1,group=1,nb=1) _FilterPane0(nb=1,hidebb=1)
HPfp2 = _FilterPane1(nb=2,hidebb=1) _FilterPane2(nb=3,hidebb=1)
HPfp0 = _HPfp1 _HPfp2
HPBottom = VBLeft _VPRight
TBRight =

it occurs to me that it may be that my custom layout is based on a layout no longer included with GMB/shimmer.

Does anyone have the file/data for the layout; Playlist, Library & Context?

Quote from: helloindustries on February 21, 2011, 19:52:21
it occurs to me that it may be that my custom layout is based on a layout no longer included with GMB/shimmer.

[Playlist, Library & Context]
Type=G+
Default         = Window(size=1120x820) SongList2(cols=playandqueue track titleaa length nbplay rating) VPRight(size=200-550)
VBLeft          = VBplayer 5_SongList2(mode=playlist,group=1) EditListButtons(group=1,small=1)
HBButtons1 = VolumeIcon Prev Stop Play Next ExtraButtons
VBSongList = HBSongList _SongList(activate=addplay)
MBmenu = MainMenuItem LayoutItem PSortItem PFilterItem QueueItem
MBlist = HistItem LSortItem PlayItem
HBmenu = _MBmenu
HBButtons3 = 5Sort 5Filter 5Queue 5Pos -Stars
HBTime = Time _TimeBar
HBTitle = Filler0 _Title
HBArtist = LockArtist _Artist
HBAlbum = LockAlbum _Album -Year
VBText = HBButtons1 2HBTitle 2HBArtist 2HBAlbum HBTime
HBText_Cover = _VBText 5-Cover
VBplayer = HBButtons3 HBText_Cover
HPfp1 = FilterPane1(nb=2,hidebb=1) FilterPane2(nb=3,hidebb=1)
HPfp0 = FilterPane0(nb=1,hidebb=1) HPfp1
HBSongList = FilterBox -FilterLock -PlayFilter -Refresh -ResetFilter -MBlist
VPRight = HPfp0 _VBSongList
TBRight = _"Library" VPRight _"Context" Context
HPBottom = VBLeft _TBRight
VBmain = HBmenu 5_HPBottom
HSize0 = Filler0 LockArtist LockAlbum
VolumeScroll = VBplayer

hi, sorry for the inconvenience, you can find the layout here: https://github.com/squentin/gmusicbrowser/blob/master/layouts

indeed it's problematic for layouts that are based on others, possibly the "classic" gmusicbrowser layouts will return in a submenu/category, but i have yet to decide if/how.

Quote from: ochosi on February 21, 2011, 20:10:01
hi, sorry for the inconvenience, you can find the layout here: https://github.com/squentin/gmusicbrowser/blob/master/layouts

indeed it's problematic for layouts that are based on others, possibly the "classic" gmusicbrowser layouts will return in a submenu/category, but i have yet to decide if/how.

You could also use a tool like Meld Diff to append the old into the new... Cumbersome, but effective..

I would also recommend that each layout be parsed from the master layout into individual files so that ppl could download these for the layouts directory...  I could do this if anyone agrees...

Quote from: VastOne on February 21, 2011, 20:09:14
Quote from: helloindustries on February 21, 2011, 19:52:21

[Playlist, Library & Context]
Type=G+
Default         = Window(size=1120x820) SongList2(cols=playandqueue track titleaa length nbplay rating) VPRight(size=200-550)
VBLeft          = VBplayer 5_SongList2(mode=playlist,group=1) EditListButtons(group=1,small=1)
HBButtons1 = VolumeIcon Prev Stop Play Next ExtraButtons
VBSongList = HBSongList _SongList(activate=addplay)
MBmenu = MainMenuItem LayoutItem PSortItem PFilterItem QueueItem
MBlist = HistItem LSortItem PlayItem
HBmenu = _MBmenu
HBButtons3 = 5Sort 5Filter 5Queue 5Pos -Stars
HBTime = Time _TimeBar
HBTitle = Filler0 _Title
HBArtist = LockArtist _Artist
HBAlbum = LockAlbum _Album -Year
VBText = HBButtons1 2HBTitle 2HBArtist 2HBAlbum HBTime
HBText_Cover = _VBText 5-Cover
VBplayer = HBButtons3 HBText_Cover
HPfp1 = FilterPane1(nb=2,hidebb=1) FilterPane2(nb=3,hidebb=1)
HPfp0 = FilterPane0(nb=1,hidebb=1) HPfp1
HBSongList = FilterBox -FilterLock -PlayFilter -Refresh -ResetFilter -MBlist
VPRight = HPfp0 _VBSongList
TBRight = _"Library" VPRight _"Context" Context
HPBottom = VBLeft _TBRight
VBmain = HBmenu 5_HPBottom
HSize0 = Filler0 LockArtist LockAlbum
VolumeScroll = VBplayer

That seems to have solved the not-listed problem, but now the layout is completely wrong....

i updated the ppa to version 1.1.6ppa6 yesterday and now the original layouts are included again, so your original configuration should work again.

Quote from: ochosi on March 01, 2011, 15:17:48
i updated the ppa to version 1.1.6ppa6 yesterday and now the original layouts are included again, so your original configuration should work again.

Ahh *checks* WOO!
Thanks!