Is there a option or config somewhere that will prevent gmb from scanning a sub-directory if it matches a particular name? I have searched the forum and wikis using Directory & Folder as key words and did not find anything regarding this.

It is not a big issue, but does slow down folder scans. I store my music on a Synology NAS. Synology has multimedia apps which create and store meta data in a folder called @eadir wherever it finds media. Under the @eadir folder it will have a folder for each media file. Therefore with music it will have a sub-folder for each mp3 file found. As you can guess, with a large library, you end up with more folders to scan than actual audio files.

simple example;

Album/
     Album/song1.mp3
     Album/song2.mp3

Album/@eadir/
     Album/@eadir/song1.mp3/
     Album/@eadir/song1.mp3/

In this case 4 folders are scanned to find 2 audio files.

The reason I do full scans is because I run gmb on my laptop and desktop. The desktop is where new music is ripped/added and cleanup & normalization are typically done, where as the laptop is more consumption and device exports etc.

Thanks.

Sorry for not replying sooner.
I'll think about this, but I'm not sure I want to add that feature, it doesn't seem something that a lot of people would need.
Though if you really want it, I can tell you what line you need to add in the source to do this.