I'd like to request the feature to auto tag files. I'm not sure how it's done (analyze the track, and/or go by filename?), but Winamp does it really well. (right click file, send to > tag).

cheers,

Quote from: fackamato on May 28, 2012, 20:12:09
I'd like to request the feature to auto tag files. I'm not sure how it's done (analyze the track, and/or go by filename?), but Winamp does it really well. (right click file, send to > tag).

Have you noticed that there already is something similar (I'm not sure what winamp's feature is like) in 'songs properties'? If you select multiple files' properties, there is 'auto fill based on filenames' option in the bottom row of dialog.

As laite said, with a few click you can extract info from the file names.
To deduce the tags from the audio file itself, musicbrainz has something that could be used to do that, it is more or less planned to add this feature, not sure when.

Quote from: laite on May 29, 2012, 04:12:56
Quote from: fackamato on May 28, 2012, 20:12:09

Have you noticed that there already is something similar (I'm not sure what winamp's feature is like) in 'songs properties'? If you select multiple files' properties, there is 'auto fill based on filenames' option in the bottom row of dialog.

Ah right, thanks.

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on May 29, 2012, 19:41:40
As laite said, with a few click you can extract info from the file names.
To deduce the tags from the audio file itself, musicbrainz has something that could be used to do that, it is more or less planned to add this feature, not sure when.

Ok, thanks!