June 25, 2014, 13:59:49 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:23:53 by p91paul
I'm currently using clementine as a music player. I would like to switch to gmusicbrowser, but I have all my ratings in clementine. I already saved all of them into files, and since clementine uses FMPS_Rating tag just like gmusicbrowser, I was expecting to see the rating field in gmusicbrowser already filled, which doesn't seem the case. I've checked the "Read/write tag to file" box in fields tab, and restarted gmusicbrowser.
If I open file properties and go into advanced I can see the rating tag; also, saving works, and saves exactly the same data to the file. (Apart from the fact that clementine saves e.g. 0.8 while gmus saves 0.800000)

I saw this (http://forum.gmusicbrowser.org/index.php?topic=365) and seems like the answer is: you can write, but not read, ratings?
Do you plan implementing reading them?

PS. as a first impact with your player, I must say it's actually a very good work.

Thanks
Paolo

You must reload all the tags after restarting with the option enabled. Select all the songs with ctrl-a, and choose "re-read tags" in the context menu.
I plan to do something to make it clearer, like a explanation under the option, and/or a dialog after restarting that allows you to do that.

Oh wonderful, thank you very much!
Yes, it would be definitely be better. I think the preferred way to do this is, when you check the read/save ratings (and other tags) box, pop up a dialog telling: "Do you want to restart gmusicbrowser and rescan the collection? Otherwise you'll have to do it manually."