May 09, 2011, 21:57:29 Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 20:41:03 by berarma
Hi. I'm not sure what's the intended mode operation for the queue in normal mode, but I thought it would play all enqueued songs and go back to the play list at the point where it jumped to play the queue. I don't know if older GMB versions did this or it's my imagination. Now, enqueuing a song jumps to that song in the play list.

Let's say my playlist has songs A, B, C, D, E, F,... and while A is playing E is sent to the queue, I would expect to hear A, E, B, C, D and so on. Instead I hear A, E, F,...

That is the intended behavior, when a song is picked from the queue, it's like selecting the song manually.
But now that I think about it, that may not be a good idea, I never use the queue and a non-random mode at the same time, so I've never seen this problem myself. I think I'll change this behavior to try to keep the position in playlist when possible.

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on May 10, 2011, 13:11:32
That is the intended behavior, when a song is picked from the queue, it's like selecting the song manually.
But now that I think about it, that may not be a good idea, I never use the queue and a non-random mode at the same time, so I've never seen this problem myself. I think I'll change this behavior to try to keep the position in playlist when possible.

Please make this optional. I use frequently queue just to switch to another album without skipping current song (just placing 1st song of new album in queue), so I _do_ want it to continue from queued track instead of going back to where it was.

sometimes having too many options isn't good, but in this case i have to agree with laite.
i know the problem but i considered it a feature and use it frequently the way laite described. on the other hand i can see how this is not the expected behavior for some...

#4 May 11, 2011, 20:40:04 Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 20:42:31 by berarma
Actually, I use it mainly in (but not limited to) random mode. While listening to a random playlist sometimes I have a song of the day following my mood that I like to hear now and then, so I queue that song when I feel like I'm wanna hear it again but then I have to take action to avoid entering an infinite loop. :D

I agree with the other comments, the queue is useful to jump to another song in the playlist without cutting the one playing. So I think it would be better adding a new mode than replacing the current one.

I would suggest to consider how good it would be to add a "play next" command that would have the same operation than normal queue mode has now. It might be more useful and intuitive than using the queue for that, maybe not.

Quote from: berarma on May 11, 2011, 20:40:04
I would suggest to consider how good it would be to add a "play next" command that would have the same operation than normal queue mode has now. It might be more useful and intuitive than using the queue for that, maybe not.

One option could be to add 'playback follows cursor' where next song could be easily set without use of queue just by focusing it.

ok thanks for your feedback, I'll think about it some more

I agree with berarma about the intuitive behavior of the queue.