January 27, 2011, 01:31:40 Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:35:58 by VastOne
Through normal sudo apt-get update/upgrade, I got an update today of gmusicbrowser.  

This update has made the tray icon lose it's transparency and is white...

I have read some of the past issues with this and looked for line 6360 to uncomment to see if this was the issue but since 6360 is a blank line for me in gmusicbrowser, I do not know exactly what I am looking for....

Any help is appreciated...

I do have the Cairo perl module installed.

EDIT:

I found it on line 6620 and uncommented and it worked...

Thanks~!

i assume you're using the shimmer ppa, which i'm maintaining.
i'm sorry for the transparency inconvenience, this issue will be soon resolved (with the release of xubuntu natty in april i will change this line, because the xubuntu-panel will then support this transparency setting).

I was not using shimmer at the time,  I have grown fond of Lists, Library and Context.  Next, I will try to build one of my own

Canonical has had 5+ years of issues with the systray icon and transparency, I do hope these new standards will once and for all solve them..

I appreciate the response, and do not accept your apology simply because there was never a need for it... ;)

just a last note on that matter: you don't have to use my layout in order for the issue to come up, it's a problem of how to make a transparent trayicon, so it (sadly) affects all layouts.

canonical will solve the issue by dropping the systray (iirc in the next lts release the latest). from then on there's only indicators.