Is it possible to set the default of the search box to "Anything contains"? Now if I want to search for an (album) artist I have to change the filter or search in the artist list directly. It would be much easier if you could just search in every tag for a match, and then if you still want only the artist, you can always click on a track and then filter on artist.

Example:

If I set Artist contains Gorillaz, I get 1 song (not from Gorillaz. I don't think it exists but whatever)
If I set Album contains Gorillaz, I get 1 album
If I set Artist contains Gorillaz, I get all their songs
If I set Anything contains Gorillaz, I get all their songs plus the one song that's not theirs

This saves a lot of time switching between all the different settings. Especially since you also have to set the subsettings every time.

try using the "simplesearch" widget in your layout instead of a search box and configure it to "search Title, Artist, Album" or even more...

It works perfectly for me and give me everything juste as I type a few letters...

so in your exemple if I type "goril" in the simplesearch I receive all Gorillaz albums as result...

I hope to be able to post a layout soon... This program is really amazing...

I recommend using the SimpleSearch widget instead, especially with v1.1.x
it still needs some improvement for selecting which fields are searched by default, but in v1.1.x it supports a "smart" syntax : http://git.gmusicbrowser.org/commit/4fcce327bc

Yes, exactly that. Thanks. I wonder how I've missed that ;)