I've recently switched over to gmusicbrowser from Banshee (which was just too slow). I really like it so far, but I'm having a little trouble with ordered static lists. I've found a few posts already in the forums (such as http://forum.gmusicbrowser.org/index.php?topic=587.msg2794#msg2794), but I haven't found an answer to the specific question: Can I re-save the playlist as a static list? After I have a playlist I like, I'd like to be able to save "it for later" if I want to switch playlists, and keep the ordering intact.

I tried using the "save current list as" menu option in the "Saved" view but the list saved by this appears non-functional. If I use it as a filter, it appears to mirror whichever list I last selected. This certainly seems like a bug but I can't tell by the menu name whether this is intended to do what I want to do.

"save current list as" is intended to save the list that is associated to the FilterPane, which is rarely the playlist.
There should be a easy way to do that, I'll think about it. I'm working on the new command system that at least will make it possible to create a button or a shortcut that does that, but there should be an easier way.

In the meantime, if you are using layout that has a tabbedlists, you can open a playlist tab if there is not already one by right clicking on the tabs, select all the songs with ctrl-a, and then drag them unto the "Saved lists" row of the "Saved" tab. This will create a new list with your current playlist.

Great, thanks. That at least lets me save the current playlist.