Hello. I have a large music library. I'm currently using the Playlist layout in GMB (it has the two panes on the right, and I generally keep the rightmost pane on the folder view).

Scrolling with the mouse in the various panels (artists, albums or folders) is not the most efficient way to jump to the location I would like when I'm navigating through thousands of albums, folders, etc. I would like to be able to use keyboard navigation (i.e., start typing the name and jump to the matching entry that way). What is the right way to do that?

I notice that sometimes I can in fact start typing an artist name and I will get a small text box showing what I am typing and it allows me to navigate this way. Generally that only happens after GMB first jumps to an artist I did not intend to select, however.

Most of the time, as soon as I type the first letter, GMB jumps to the first artist with that starting letter and begins playing. That's usually not what I want. I assume there is a way to navigate better with the keyboard, but I haven't found it.

Furthermore, I can't navigate with the keyboard at all in the folder pane. Is that possible?

I'm only scratching the surface of the power of GMB. I look forward to exploring all its features over time.

Thank you.