I'm a bit of a newb I shall admit this from the start, I am not so much of a newb that I deleted the programme and whinged about nix not haveing good players... I found one gmusicbrowser, It even has this layout that looks like my old standby. Just 1 tiny problem not w/ gmusicbrowser but the layout, On the layout to 'make it look like audacious' (it does btw very nice) its missing the 'settings' Ive clicked everyplace youd think to click on the window. I get all the right click tabs nothing says 'settings'. In the launcher list I tried right clicking and its gone as well. So I am stuck at this one layout unable to change to another layout  because I have no 'settings' tab or choice to choose to click on. I'm useing ubuntu LTE I think were up to 12 something I stopped keeping track at 11. its stable and works. You may be shocked at what I type in next but it is the truth, I'm not very good at command line in fact I dare say I may be at the same level or slightly above in command line stuff as a windows user. I know I said it, So my question is there a command line command to get to 'settings' in gmusicbrowser without 'breaking' my ubuntu (its been my past exsperience that I break things) so I can change from this layout to another?  other than this it works great!!!

File > Preferences or right-click on the tray icon > Settings both work for me with the Audacious layout.

Thanks, bucaneer for replying, this has me stumped as, "file" doesnt exist as a option, "preferences" is not a option as well. I've reinstalled, by "file" you mean the title of the song for example? or am I'm missing something? The tray icon i have 3 choices, gmusicbrowser in bold, Unlock from Launcher, Quit. Its weird, I know somethings not right because before I came to use the audacious layout what you describe worked. Could it be because I use audacious as well?

"File" is one of the entry in the menu bar. The tray icon may not show depending on your desktop/window manager.
In any case, you can simply use this in a command-line :

gmusicbrowser -cmd OpenPref

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on March 15, 2013, 15:41:02
"File" is one of the entry in the menu bar. The tray icon may not show depending on your desktop/window manager.
In any case, you can simply use this in a command-line :

gmusicbrowser -cmd OpenPref

I bet it was something stupid I did somplace hence me asking for the easy out (only cmd line would be a easy out in Linux:) [buts thats why I switched to Linux] Thank You Very Much! it worked perfectly! I sorry to get back so late I got tied up w life.tar and it got stuck in aptget/earinfection... This is a great programme its exactly what I was looking for so far it does what it says on the tin:) despite my best efforts to break it:) Thank you again!