Hello Everyone
I have been having issues with the GIT tree of GMusicBrowser not scanning my collection.  I know for a fact that for a really long time GMusicBrowser dealt with my music collection perfectly.

In the name of starting on a fresh slate:
1. I removed "~/.config/gmusicbrowser"
2. Grabbed a fresh copy of "gmusicbrowser" from GIT.
3. Installed it in a completely fresh directory.
4. "Main | Settings | Library | Add Folder"
5. Added "/mnt/mirror2/Music"
6. Checked "Search for new songs on startup" & "Check for updated/deleted songs on startup"
7. Waited...  It has not worked this well for quite a while :)

If it finishes scanning successfully, then I will shut down "gmusicbrowser" and add something else in the path that I set to search for new songs.  I have not seen it add a new MP3's for a while now...

OK.  That did not work.  The new songs I added were not scanned  on startup.  I clicked "Check now" and "Scan now" and nothing happened.

So, I am at a loss...  If you need any more information, feel free to tell me what you want, and I will provide it.

Thank you,
Steven P. Ulrick

Can you start gmusicbrowser from a terminal, try to add a folder, and send me the output.
to capture the output, you can run it like that (assuming you're in the correct folder) :
./gmusicbrowser.pl &>/tmp/output.log
(no space between "&" and ">", this captures both standard output and error output.)
this will save all the output in the file "/tmp/output.log".

you could also try to run a previous version, like 1.1.4, and see if it works.
to change version : git checkout v1.1.4
to return to master : git checkout master

btw, you don't need to delete "~/.config/gmusicbrowser/", you can simply add the option "-C /tmp/delme" to the command line, to use /tmp/delme instead of ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/gmbrc

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on April 06, 2010, 00:14:23
Can you start gmusicbrowser from a terminal, try to add a folder, and send me the output.
to capture the output, you can run it like that (assuming you're in the correct folder) :
./gmusicbrowser.pl &>/tmp/output.log
(no space between "&" and ">", this captures both standard output and error output.)
this will save all the output in the file "/tmp/output.log".

you could also try to run a previous version, like 1.1.4, and see if it works.
to change version : git checkout v1.1.4
to return to master : git checkout master

btw, you don't need to delete "~/.config/gmusicbrowser/", you can simply add the option "-C /tmp/delme" to the command line, to use /tmp/delme instead of ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/gmbrc

Just to be safe, I did "rm -rf .config/gmusicbrowser"
Using a "gmusicbrowser" that was current on April 5th, here is the output when I run it from a terminal and attempt to add a folder:
[[email protected] ~]$ gmusicbrowser
Creating folder /home/steve/.config/gmusicbrowser/
GStreamer::Interfaces perl module not found -> visuals not available
@Fields=album_shuffle replaygain_album_gain skipcount file grouping compilation replaygain_track_peak modif lastskip genre label title replaygain_album_peak album_artist samprate filetype bitrate missing added channel title_or_file size rating album_artist_raw lastplay shuffle playcount replaygain_track_gain extension track version path length artist album comment disc year barefilename fullfilename_raw artists first_artist album_picture album_years version_or_empty uri artist_picture rating_picture missingkey fullfilename at /usr/local/spu/spu-20100405/gmusicbrowser/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_songs.pm line 941.
Songs::SortList(SongArray=ARRAY(0x3a63cf0) shuffle)
sort (shuffle) : 0 s
SongArray_changed replace,
Songs::SortList(SongArray=ARRAY(0x3a63cf0) path album:i disc track file)
sort (path album:i disc track file) : 0 s
SongArray_changed replace,filter Filter=HASH(0x3d2f318)

Absolutely none of that output occurred after I added the folder...

As ususal, I added the directory to scan from the following menu: "Main | Settings | Library | Add folder"

I will try with an older version later...

Steven P. Ulrick