I'm about to update the german translations of gmusicbrowser (1.1.4) so anyone using this version (and understanding the german language) is very welcome to try the attached translation and make suggestions for untranslated terms or better solutions for already translated words ;)

To use the attached file:put gmusicbrowser.mo either in /usr/share/locale/$LANGUAGE/LC_MESSAGES for installed version
    or in locale/$LANGUAGE/LC_MESSAGES/ for non-installed version

@Quentin:
There's a couple of thinks I can't find in the program, which are not clear to me without context:
125: Auto-increment track numbers
144: Can't create sink '{sink}' #what's the sink??
562: Reference point : #where is it?
815: argument {n} :
891: half-life
998: only show entries with at least n songs #maybe a '%' missing in front of n? Can't find it..
1076: use standard strftime variables
1095 & 1096 x/y offset

So that's it for the moment!
Greetings staubi

125: Auto-increment track numbers
it's in the mass-tagging dialog, the tooltip for the button that allows you to complete all missing track number by incrementing the the track numbers of previous songs, or starting from 1

144: Can't create sink '{sink}' #what's the sink??
the sink is the term used by gstreamer when talking about output (here about audio output)

562: Reference point : #where is it?
titlebar plugin, to choose which window corner is used to position the overlay

815: argument {n} :
it's used in the new command preview of the nowplaying plugin, to show how the command line is broke into arguments

891: half-life
it's used in the weighted random configuration, to configure how fast the probability is dropping when the (for example) last played date gets closer to now

998: only show entries with at least n songs #maybe a '%' missing in front of n? Can't find it..
no the % is not missing :) it's the tooltip at the bottom of artist/album/... lists (FPanes) the buttons at the bottom can be shown/hidden in the right-click menu
thinking about it, maybe replacing the n with the current number would be clearer. Suggestions for a better tooltip are welcome...

1076: use standard strftime variables
it's a new settings in the Misc. tab, the tooltip of the date format configuration
"man strftime" to get a description, I don't know if it has a better name, maybe "standard unix date/time format" ?

1095 & 1096 x/y offset
titlebar plugin how distance in horizontal/vertical pixels to put the overlay, relative to the reference point

btw, I'm very open to suggestions to improve the wording/spelling anywhere in gmb

Hi Quentin! Tried to translate it now...

Now I found some other things missing:

Where is the:
"In this case one command by file will be run"  and the "Or You can use..." from the Export-plugin?

The "Unknown field" from "NowPlaying"?

...and the "Titlebar"Plugin only tells me:
Can't locate Gnome2/Wnck.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/plugins/titlebar.pm line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/plugins/titlebar.pm line 17.

when trying to start it ??? Google tells me nothing!

Furthermore still missing:
225 Display stop/next actions #where?
340 Insensitive title-artist (left-aligned)
What's the difference between "Lock mon artist" and "Lock Artist"?
What's the difference between "Track" and "Song"?
1045 skip count average# it counts the number a song is skipped, right? Where?

Then I found quite some translations that I could improve (since I got more into it by now  ;))

Greetz, staubi

missing strings in export plugin :
thanks, I've just fixed it

The "Unknown field" from "NowPlaying"?
I fixed it too (the fact that the name of some fields are not found will be fixed later)

"Titlebar" Plugin :
you need the libgnome2-wnck-perl or perl-Gnome2-Wnck package

225 Display stop/next actions #where?
in the notify plugin

340 Insensitive title-artist (left-aligned)
that's the name of one of the included layouts for titlebar
Insensitive means it doesn't react to mouse clicks (the mouse click pass through it)

What's the difference between "Lock on artist" and "Lock Artist"?
there is no difference, I should use the same in both place. Not sure which is better.

What's the difference between "Track" and "Song"?
I usually use Song instead of Track because I find prettier and clearer (though I guess "song" usually implies lyrics)
I use Track in gmb to refer to the "track number".

1045 skip count average# it counts the number a song is skipped, right? Where?
this one is a bit hidden :)
take an FPane (artist/album/... list) right-click on it, select options->cloud-mode, right click again, it's one of the
"font size depends on" option.

O.K. one last thing and it's done :D (until the next time ;))

Line 200: Custom
... and yes: Hard limiter is also untranslated, but I guess there is not reaaly a way to translate it, is there? I already had a hard time finding out what it is used for (it limits the maximum gain ???)

Anyway, have a nice evening!

Line 200: Custom
This one is not very important, it's only used in the advanced tag editing window, which is a bit neglected.
it's for non-standard atoms in .m4a files used by some itunes properties and maybe others. they contains 3 sub-fields: description, application(com.apple.iTunes) and the value.
I should rename it to "Application-specific" or something.

Hard limiter:
I don't really know more than you, it's a property of a gstreamer plugin : http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-rglimiter.html
this wikipedia page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limiting seems to say it's equivalent to "clipping" which seems to be translated by "Übersteuern" in the corresponding wikipedia page (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_%28Signalverarbeitung%29).

Hmmm, I think I just leave them both untranslated... (Übersteuern is not really fitting :()

So, I attached the de.po.

Thanks for Your help!

thanks.
As I now use git, I can commit it with you as the author, so let me know what name/email I should put.

#8 April 11, 2010, 00:52:54 Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 00:59:23 by die_welt
Hey, a Limiter is used to avoid audio from clipping. Actually it does something explained here

Not translating 'hard limiter' is well done, because these effect devices are called in German 'Limiter', too.

@ Staubi: Ich habe ein nettes Wörterbuch gefunden, dass auch Fachbegriffe sehr gut übersetzt: http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de mit unserem Beispiel, dem Limiter.

Quote from: die_welt on April 11, 2010, 00:52:54
@ Staubi: Ich habe ein nettes Wörterbuch gefunden, dass auch Fachbegriffe sehr gut übersetzt: http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de mit unserem Beispiel, dem Limiter.

Danke! Wenn´s mal wieder hakt, habe ich eine Quelle mehr, wo ich schauen kann!

Gruss, staubi