Is anyone noticing display problems running Ubuntu 22.04 with Wayland? After upgrading from 20.04 using X-server, 22.04 using Wayland prevents me from using the "Screenlet" widget or any other widget on GMB 1.1.99.1. Wayland is the default compositor for Intel and AMD video on 22.04.

The specific issue: when I activate a GMB widget, I can't move it or resize it at all. It remains locked to an arbitrary position on the monitor and refuses all settings to move in the X and Y coordinates or to change size or fonts. I'm running on an Intel NUC "Skull Canyon" mini pc, so the video is fixed to "Intel". Rebooting to the X-Server version of 22.04 corrects the problem.

GMB hasn't been updated since 2020 so I don't know if the issue is primarily due to Wayland compositor or GMB being out of spec for 22.04. I'm also noticing similar problems with "Cairo-Dock" and a few other applications which worked fine under Ubuntu 20.04 but not 22.04. 

I haven't tried wayland yet, but it's quite possible that it requires changes for some things.
A *very* quick search turned up this: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland/-/issues/110 which seems to indicate that wayland doesn't want to let apps position its windows? I guess it will requires some searching to fix, if it's even possible.

Thanks for the answer. I certainly hope you can fix it since it seems X-Server's days are numbered and Wayland seems to be the future.