I've been messing around with the layouts on my netbook and I know exactly what I want to do but I am unsure how. In the shimmer netbook layout there are 4 tabs (playlist, queue, lyrics, and info). I'm wanting to somehow change the odd playlist layout that shimmer netbook uses into a library tab that I could then have set to mosaic mode. Then I would just have a tab with all of my albums in mosaic mode, a queue tab, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

you can remove the playlist tab by removing "HBSongListtree" from the NBList= line and the whole HBSongListtree= line
To add a mosaic tab, you can simply add a FilterPane widget to the NBList line with some options, the NBList line becomes :
NBList = (tabpos="bottom") QueueList(songtree=1,tabtitle=_"Queue (%n)",tabicon="",cols="queuenumber titleaa",colwidth="queuenumber 20 titleaa 248",showbb=1) HBLyrics VBAbout FilterPane1(tabtitle=_"Mosaic",nb=1,hidebb=1,pages=album,page_album/mode=mosaic,page_album/mmarkup=1,page_album/mpicsize=128)
or using multi-lines ("\" at the end of each line to split 1 line into many, to make it more readable) :

NBList = (tabpos="bottom")
QueueList(songtree=1,tabtitle=_"Queue (%n)",tabicon="",cols="queuenumber titleaa",colwidth="queuenumber 20 titleaa 248",showbb=1) \
HBLyrics \
VBAbout \
FilterPane1(tabtitle=_"Mosaic",hidebb=1,pages=album,page_album/mode=mosaic,page_album/mmarkup=1,page_album/mpicsize=128)