Hallo All! I've been trying to setup gmusicbrowser to my liking, and so far I've really enjoyed it, and all the options one has.  Now, I want to be able to switch between "playlists" and have the album mosaic updated accordingly. I'll try to explain with a picture or two. This is my current Banshee configuration, when I select "Musik" (i.e. all my music):

And when I select "Bla", which is a playlist containing all the music I don't really know yet, the mosaic shows all the album art of the albums in that playlist:

With gmusicbrowser, this is what I have achieved so far, and I've got to say that I really like it:

Now, I would like to be able to switch between two playlists (or filters, or whatever, I'm flexible regarding the implementation) so that I can see all my music, and a certain subset. It would be particularly nice to be able to right click on a cover and say "remove from playlist" (because I know that album know).
Thanks in advance
Psirus

About putting songs in "playlists", there is 2 way to have that in gmb :
1. what I call static lists or saved lists, that are simply a list of songs, with a specific order, that can contain a song more than once.
2. using labels, simply adding/removing a specific label to songs to add/remove them from that list, and then simply using a filter to get the list of songs
I prefer 2 because it's simpler, if the the order doesn't matter, there is no need to save it, and most of the time you don't want the song to appear twice in the list.

Showing the list of the "saved lists" or labels and a mosaic of their album is easy, you just need a FilterPane with option nb=1 that shows either the "saved lists" or the labels, and a FilterPane with nb=2 in mosaic mode. I don't know exactly how you want the rest to be, if you want it like your banshee example or something else. If what you have achieved so far is by creating your own layout, post it and give me more details and I can change it for you.

QuoteIt would be particularly nice to be able to right click on a cover and say "remove from playlist" (because I know that album know).
You can't have that currently, but if you use labels for your playlists you can have something close to it by using the "xx songs" sub-menu that contains an "edit labels" sub-menu that allows you to add/remove labels for the songs from the album.

Thanks for your response. I'm going to try it later today and get back to you. In the meantime, here is my layout. I'm not really sure on what all the options and so on do, I just started by modifying another layout.

[Psirus]
Type=G+

Default = Window(size=90%x80%) HPMainPannel(size=200-800) HPSubMainPannel(size=440-320) VPMainCenter(size=200-380) VPMainright(size=200)
VolumeScroll = VBVolume HPNowplaying

HBMainContainer = _HPMainPannel VBBouton
VBBouton = \
Prev(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
Play(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
Stop(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
Next(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
_VBVolume \

-Quit(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34,tip=_"Quit") \
-Pref(stock=gtk-preferences,size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
-Button1(click1="RunPerlCode(::ChooseAddPath(0,1))",stock=gtk-add,size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34,tip=_"Add folder ...") \
-Button2(click1="RunPerlCode(::IdleCheck)",stock=gtk-refresh,size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34,tip=_"check now") \
-Button3(click1="RunPerlCode(::IdleScan)",stock=gtk-zoom-in,size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34,tip=_"scan now") \
-Queue(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34)  \
-10Filter(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34)  \
-Sort(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
-ResetFilter \
-Playlist(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
-Fullscreen(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34)
VBVolume = VolumeIcon(button=1) _VolumeSlider(1,0)

HPMainPannel = _VBLeftPanel _VBCenterAndRight

VBLeftPanel = HBSearchBar  _VBSongtree

HBSearchBar = (minheight=34,maxheight=34) \
ResetFilter2 2_SimpleSearch(noselector=1,suggest=0)

VBSongtree =  _SongList(cols="playandqueue track title length", mode=playlist) Cover HBTotal

HBTotal = -Total(size=small)

VBCenterAndRight = 2Filler60 HBNowplaying 2Filler61 _HPSubMainPannel

HBNowplaying = 5_TimeBar(text="%t by %a in %l (%m)",minwidth=240)

HPSubMainPannel = VBmain

VBmain = _HBAlbums

HBAlbums = _FilterPane2(nb=3,\
hidebb= 1,\
hidetabs= 0,\
min= 1,\
                                                page= album,\
page_album/lmarkup= 1,\
page_album/lpicsize= 164,\
page_album/mmarkup= below,\
page_album/mode=mosaic,\
page_album/sort= year,\
pages=album)

Sorry for the late reply.
I've added a panel on the left that should do what you want (I didn't know where else to put it).
One thing I changed is the mode=playlist option of the SongList, as currently using a SongList with this mode and with FilterPanes doesn't work properly. I replaced it with the option activate=playlist which makes it so that when you double click on a song in the SongList, the current playlist is replaced by the content of the SongList (and the selected song starts playing of course).

[Psirus]
Type=G+

Default = Window(size=90%x80%) HPMainPannel(size=200-800)
VolumeScroll = VBVolume HPNowplaying

HBMainContainer = _HPMainPannel VBBouton
VBBouton = \
Prev(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
Play(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
Stop(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
Next(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
_VBVolume \

-Quit(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34,tip=_"Quit") \
-Pref(stock=gtk-preferences,size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
-Button1(click1="RunPerlCode(::ChooseAddPath(0,1))",stock=gtk-add,size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34,tip=_"Add folder ...") \
-Button2(click1="RunPerlCode(::IdleCheck)",stock=gtk-refresh,size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34,tip=_"check now") \
-Button3(click1="RunPerlCode(::IdleScan)",stock=gtk-zoom-in,size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34,tip=_"scan now") \
-Queue(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34)  \
-10Filter(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34)  \
-Sort(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
-ResetFilter \
-Playlist(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34) \
-Fullscreen(size=button,minwidth=34,maxwidth=34)
VBVolume = VolumeIcon(button=1) _VolumeSlider

HPMainPannel = HPLeftPanel _VBCenterAndRight

HPLeftPanel = FilterPane1(nb=1,hidebb=1,pages=savedtree|label) _VBSearchAndSongList
  VBSearchAndSongList = HBSearchBar  _VBSonglist

HBSearchBar = (minheight=34,maxheight=34) \
ResetFilter2 2_SimpleSearch(noselector=1,suggest=0)

VBSonglist =  _SongList(cols="playandqueue track title length", activate=playlist) Cover HBTotal

HBTotal = -Total(size=small)

VBCenterAndRight = 2Filler60 HBNowplaying 2Filler61 _HBAlbums

HBNowplaying = 5_TimeBar(text="%t by %a in %l (%m)",minwidth=240)

HBAlbums = _FilterPane2(nb=2,\
hidebb= 1,\
hidetabs= 1,\
min= 1,\
                                                page= album,\
page_album/lmarkup= 1,\
page_album/lpicsize= 164,\
page_album/mmarkup= below,\
page_album/mode=mosaic,\
page_album/sort= year,\
pages=album)