December 30, 2010, 16:51:08 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 21:19:53 by aboettger
The name is a tribute to a great game.

Preview:
http://fav.me/d369upk
or
http://fav.me/d36hrer (Includes a link to a video on YouTube.)

At this point there is no longer the code. I set up a repository on github (https://github.com/aboettger/gmusicbrowser). The only file that I change at the moment is the file "layouts". Maybe my changes will eventually move into the main branch ...

hi
a very nice layout.
can you do a small thing for me?
make a queue on the right side in place of context pane
like that in media monkey default
and the upper filter pane to show genres in place of years...
i would be grateful
dr subodh

hi friend
thanks for quick reply
i changed year filter pane to genres by adding tab
but i can still not put the queue from down to right side.. like it is in itunes or mediamonkey or even windows media player
can you explain how to do that

can you put a button to remove all songs from queue list, that is the only thing i miss.

anyway thanks for great layout  ;D

moreover if i could get a menu or button somewhere to change the weighted list preferences

Quote from: cardiacanesthesia on January 04, 2011, 02:44:14
but i can still not put the queue from down to right side.. like it is in itunes or mediamonkey or even windows media player
can you explain how to do that

The new code should be the queue already placed on the right. Below the context. You can minimize the context then.

thanks for the reply
probably because i don't understand programming at all....
isn't the new code on this forum on the top?on 30 dec post?
the link you pasted for the new code leads to a devianart page where there is an image and a  git commit.
do i create the code somehow from that?
because in ur youtube video it looks so cool but in my system actually there is no context pane at all on the right even in the full view?
forgive my stupidity
subodh

hey man
finally i got to your GIT repository
and copied the layout
and now it is working like magic
thanks for helping me out
keep up the good work
Dr subodh

now the only thing i miss is a button or a menu to change the queue options or to change the weighted order preferences
is it there somewhere and i am not able to find it?

Quote from: cardiacanesthesia on January 06, 2011, 01:34:02
now the only thing i miss is a button or a menu to change the queue options or to change the weighted order preferences
is it there somewhere and i am not able to find it?

I hope I understand you correctly. Do you think maybe the button, located above the song list on the left?

hi
yes i needed that button
but i copied it from another layout the "itunes like" layout
not very symmetrical but useful
now i think i have got the perfect layout for my needs.
although there is one small issue, if i try to edit the star rating from the currently playing song (HB current track box), it acts clumsy. however right click and set rating works without problem.
thanks for all your support
keep up the good work
Dr Subodh

Quote from: cardiacanesthesia on January 06, 2011, 12:28:57
although there is one small issue, if i try to edit the star rating from the currently playing song (HB current track box), it acts clumsy. however right click and set rating works without problem.

It surprises me now. I have no idea why this does not work. ???