Recent posts

April 23, 2021, 07:41:18
Good morning all,

I'm new here and have been a fan of gmusicbrowser for years. If this app were to go away, I'd be pulling my hair out.
There you go, I am using gmusicbrowser on two computers, but with a single configuration file that I move from one to the other in order to remember the number of times played, the last time played etc.

Since yesterday I have a bug: I no longer have access to the configuration menu (settings): it opens a black page.

Do you know which line is affected in the config file and how I can fix it? I don't want to start over with a brand new file, precisely so as not to lose information such as the number of times played and the last times played.

And by the way, if anyone knows if there is a way to put these two pieces of information in the track tag, that would be great.

Thank you.
April 23, 2021, 07:39:11
Bonjour à tous,

Je suis nouveau ici et je suis un inconditionnel de gmusicbrowser depuis dès années. Si ce soft devait disparaître, je m'arracherais les cheveux.
Voilà,  j'utilise gmusicbrowser sur deux ordinateurs, mais avec un seul fichier de configuration que je déplace de l'un à l'autre afin de mémoriser le nombre de fois jouées, la dernière fois jouée etc.

Depuis hier j'ai un bug: je n'a plus accès au menu configuration (settings): ça m'ouvre une page noire.

Savez-vous quelle ligne est concernée dans le fichier de configuration et comment je peux faire pour résoudre ce problème? Je ne veux pas repartir sur un fichier tout neuf, justement pour ne pas perdre les infos du type nombre de fois jouées et dernière fois jouées.

Et d'ailleurs en passant, si quelqu'un sait s'il y a moyen d'inscrire ces deux infos dans le tag des morceaux, ce serait super.

Merci à vous.
April 18, 2021, 21:01:41
I am working on a theme for GMB to work on PinePhone Mobian. So far it's working pretty well, but double-clicking doesn't work well on a touchscreen device. Mobian will probably create a universal fix, at some point, but for now, is there a way to set it so the track activates on single-click, not double?
April 18, 2021, 20:56:18
Quentin, thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, I did not get a notification that you replied. Do you want me to save a playlist, then go into gmbrc file and find it, then paste it the way it's represented in that file?
April 06, 2021, 15:35:31
Hi,

I had the same problem with Linux Mint.  I solved it using the wait for more option of the queue.  This option is in the left-hand column just below the Queue area and above the cover one in my layout.  Other options include normal, autofill, similar-artists...  See the attached file.

Best regards,

pit
March 12, 2021, 15:53:54
Hello,
Since this player is designed for large collections, would it be possible to add a function allowing to check for the existence of duplicated cds/albums in the database ?
Thank you for your remarkable player.
March 07, 2021, 20:11:49
Hi,

Using GNU/Linux and Arch based distro, I have been using gmusicbrowser some time ago.
It looks like development has started again so I was happy to use it again.
So I installed latest version available from the Arch repos but I am facing a non impeding problem, but an irritating one :-(

At each relaunch of gmusicbrowser, it looks like all the tracks added to the library are automatically added to the playlist. So if I want to listen to just one album, I have to stop music after the last track of the album or it will proceed playing the next available track.

This is somewhat irritating and the same happenend in Lollypop...
They commited to solve it.
Hope this is not a feature that one cannot get rid of :-(

Regards.

FRED
March 06, 2021, 23:57:54
There is no easy (via gui) way to do it, but you can either edit the gmbrc file with a script, each song is one line, fields are tab separated, dates are in unix time (seconds since epoch). Otherwise I can give you a command-line that sets the date for a song, still needs a script though.
If you don't know how to make the script I can help you, just give me an example of your playlist that contains the dates.
March 06, 2021, 23:47:16
Other software might look at some alternative tags maybe, can you send me some examples (squentin gmail.com) ? I'll take a look.

March 06, 2021, 00:49:45
I migrated to gmusicbrowser in 2017. Before that, I used Songbird, since about 2013. From 2013 to 2017, I have playlists indicating what month a song was added. However, gmusicbrowser shows them all as being added in January 2017.

My question is whether I can trick gmusicbrowser into thinking these songs were added before they actually were. This would make it easier for me to use smart playlists and weighted random.