Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Hi all. Long time no post. Been off linux for a few years (due to games etc...) but now returning.

One large hurdle for me is a musicplayer layout which is useful to me. Nothing comes as close as GmusicBrowser, and that's still pretty far from what i'm very comfortable with in MusicBee, as seen here: https://imgur.com/a/9vgPJ

I'm looking to get a layout as close as possible to that, if not exactly.
I know i could run MB via wine, but that seems to defeat the point of switching back to linux. Why bother if i'm just going to run apps through wine?

Help appreciated. It's odd, i know, but this is the last major hurdle to a return to linux for me.
Questions / Hangs on quit, or segmentation fault, on Ubuntu 16.04
« Last post by Edmond Sicard on July 29, 2016, 21:15:31 »
Hello,

I upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04 and GMB 1.1.15 sometimes (not always) hangs or crashes on quit.
I did not have this problem on Ubuntu 14.04

As it turns out there already is an issue on github: https://github.com/squentin/gmusicbrowser/issues/131
Questions / cannot run gmusicbrowser
« Last post by realbluntz on July 29, 2016, 04:18:17 »
Code: [Select]
This is the output from running from the source. I have it installed from AUR but it gives the same message.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

neither Locale::Messages, nor Locale::gettext found -> no translations
Use of uninitialized value $thousandsep in substitution (s///) at ./gmusicbrowser.pl line 149.
Can't redeclare "my" in "my" at /usr/local/src/gmusicbrowser-1.1.15/gmusicbrowser_list.pm line 8001, at end of line
Compilation failed in require at ./gmusicbrowser.pl line 440.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./gmusicbrowser.pl line 473.
[/code]
Questions / All tracks deleted upon opening
« Last post by roxasxemnas83 on July 13, 2016, 20:42:46 »
Hey guys,

I have had this problem for a while now and I haven't been able to find a solution. Every time I open gmusicbrowser, all of the tracks I have loaded into it (including the saved lists) get emptied. I can literally see them all getting deleted and I can't do anything until it's done. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks.
Suggestions / Request for VU meters and Spectrum Analyzer
« Last post by rizlaw on July 07, 2016, 19:52:38 »
To my surprise, after going through all the suggestions here, I found no one has asked for proper vu meters as found in the now defunct Guayadeque player, nor a decent and properly labeled spectrum analyzer with a db scale and scalable octave frequency notations (as can be found in Foobar 2000).

Questions / Re: Copying Playlist Files
« Last post by Garthhh on June 30, 2016, 19:32:25 »
Clementine, dolphin, digikam & gwenview will all copy to external media which mount at run/media
« Last post by p300 on June 29, 2016, 23:25:56 »
i still think that it's not a gmb issue if you try to copy into a "system" directory ...
on my system no regular user can copy anything into the "run" directory ....
just my 2 cents
« Last post by Garthhh on June 29, 2016, 22:26:19 »
of course it's a gmusicbrowser issue
file browser works with no permission issue
Clementine works with no permission issue
as do digikam, gwenview. ez=tag
probably something gnome related, I use KDE on a RPM based system
I use GMB on a pc that is basically a music player having never resolved this & a few other issues
I use clementine to make playlists [which GMB opens with no problem]
Questions / Re: Method for copying saved playlist files to flashdrive
« Last post by p300 on June 29, 2016, 12:39:44 »
Hi

This is a very interesting question for me as well.
I wanna copy all the files in my current playlist onto a sd-card or thumb-drive.
But i wanna keep exactly the same play order.
I do understand that, depending on the external player the sequence is following the way the other system is organised.
That's why, maybe a new field or tag get's exported as well which let's me sort the playlist according to that ...
Any ideas how to achieve that ? I am talking about appr. 200 songs which i wanna play always in that play order ...
The reason for doing so is that i wanna have a second backup computer which can replace my main system if this is dying suddenly and i can just continue playing the songs from the old one even on a simple player software like deadbeef or alike ...
« Last post by p300 on June 29, 2016, 12:31:25 »
Hi

I don't think this is a gmusicbrowser related issue.
Can you try to copy to a random folder on your desktop first ?
By doing so you shall be able to see whether your sd-card or thumb drive is just mounted incorrectly by your operating system ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10