January 15, 2011, 17:26:58 Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 17:58:49 by twotoneblue
Dear all,

I am using GMB 1.0.2, and it is the one and only music browser that has all the features you need for a large library, and a pretty yet powerful interface for searching and browsing. Thanks to Quentin and the other devs!!

Is it possible to set default queue and search policies - so that every time GMB starts;

- it will stop playing when the queue is empty

and

- the search field is set to 'Artist contains'

Thanks for your input.
best regards
AK

Quote- it will stop playing when the queue is empty
In version 1.1.x, there is an option to "remember queue between sessions", when on it keeps the queue contents and the "wait when queue is empty" or autofill mode.
Of course, the "wait when queue is empty" is not exactly the same as the "stop playing when the queue is empty" so I'm not sure it will satisfy you.
Also the "stop playing when the queue is empty" mode is temporary in gmb, as it is cleared when the queue is empty. So setting it only at startup is a bit strange and I'm not sure what behavior you want exactly.

Quote- the search field is set to 'Artist contains'
I advise using a layout that use the SimpleSearch widget for searching, the default layout in v1.1.6 does. The SimpleSearch is in most case better and memorize which fields you want to search (and is much more powerful in v1.1.6)
As to the old widget, I'm currently working on it (it is also used to edit filters), I will maybe add an option to memorize its state.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I built a deb from the 1.1.6 source and upgraded. Should have done it before - lots of nice new features!

The wait when queue empty feature does exactly what I was thinking of!

Have a great 2011!

best regards.