I really like the new style "Shimmery",but it seems that the album cover can't be found automatically in the 1.1.5 in the PPA for the Shimmer Project.
And there isn't any change log there~

Meanwhile, the cue support has been solved in several player such as deadbeef,qmmp,audacious2,etc.How soon will GMB support it?Can we do anything for help?

In addtion, the design to seperate the player and manager is pretty nice!

All in all,thanks for this wonderful music player helping me manage my hundreds of G's lossless music.

heya,
nice to read you like the layout and ppa :)
the auto-finding of covers is not yet implemented in 1.1.*, might take a little while till that's fixed.
our ppa is based on our git repository, which is in turn based on gmusicbrowser's development branch, so as soon as the fix is there, it will be merged and built.

about the changelog: you're right that it sucks a bit, that we don't have one yet. in fact launchpad doesn't support the package-changelogs yet (which you'd find in debian/changelog in a debian package, or in launchpad you could go to > view package details), i'll try to think of something. for now you can also track development via github.

the cue support is on the todo-list, don't know whether it's high priority though...

the auto-selecting of covers is not yest implemented :(  I'll get to it soon

cue support is rather high on my list, as I'd like to use it too :)
there are three small parts to it :
- implement a way to tell the backends to play from x to y, if possible make it continue playing if the next song is the next one in the cue (so that it is gapless).

- find a way to save the properties in the cue file, it's not hard, but I'd like a standard way to do it, let me know if you see other players saving more than title/artist in a cue file.
I'll ask the guy who made the FMPS standard if we could create a standard for it (I think I saw some discussion about it)

-solve the problems arising from 1 song != 1 file :
- in the mass tagging dialog (file name list and autofill based on filename),
- the mass-rename/move dialog
- copy/move
- maybe other places
suggestions welcome, most of these functions will probably just refuse to work on cue files.

About the changelog, for git version it's the git log : http://github.com/squentin/gmusicbrowser/commits/master
I'll try to write one for 1.1.6 that I'll release soon (I want to finish custom fields/fields option/saving rating/... first, it's nearly done)

I'd like to vote for the priority of auto-cover-finding  :)  I have hundreds of albums and to add cover art for each one is just a daunting task.  Each of my album has either a front.jpg or cover.jpg file, can you suggest a script to add them in the meantime?  Thanks.

tri1976 - Thisprobably won't help you since you're already at version 1.1.5 but for others who haven't  upgraded yet...
I first install gmb 1.0.2 and have it find my music. (auto-finding album art still works in 1.0.2).
Once it finds all my music - and album art - I upgrade to 1.1.5.
Any music added after the upgrade requires manually selecting the album art.

Like Y0z said, for new users currently the best way is to first install the v1.0, and then upgrade to v1.1.x.

I will very soon release a v1.1.6, and I'll try to add a crude auto-cover-chooser before I do. As this shortcoming has been a problem for much too long.

Y0z and Quentin, thanks for the work around.  I'm looking forward to next version.

Awesome!  :D

But I can't seem to find the menu in the context window...

If by context window you mean the window used by lyrics plugin and friends, it's not there.

It's only available when selecting multiple albums in a FilterPane, right-click => "Auto-select Pictures".
(Or right-click on "All albums")

Great....save me a lot of manual work...thanks :)  I do have a comment.  All my folders contain a cover.jpg file and other jpg, but cover.jpg is first alphabetically.  The search algorithm pick cover.jpg for most albums but some time it picks other jpg, what is the reason for this?

It uses a score for each picture it finds, words like cover/front/... increase the score, but also words of the album name. So in these case the other jpg filename probably had words from the album.
It will be configurable at some point.