Hi,

Just a suggestion for a feature I thought about :
We all have songs we love with annoying intro, or a live performance where the artist talks before he starts singing... Actually it's part of the song and we like it, but when we have a party, we want to go directly in the heart of the matter, otherwise it would kill the mood...

So here is the suggestion, it would be pleasant to put some kind of "bookmarks" on the songs. One to say "the songs starts here" and the other one to say "it stops there" (cause some outro are boring too).
And then, gmb will play the songs as usual, but sometime we can say "play it on party-mode" (right click > play on party-mode, or add the party-mode song to the queue) and the player will play the song from one bookmark to the other :)

I don't know if it's possible, or if it would even be a cool feature, but I'd love it :)

hm, manually bookmarking songs?
i dunno about you but i have about 8000 songs in my library, bookmarking songs would take days...

maybe having an option to have crossfades would help, but that's a backend-related thing.

I guess it could be implemented in a plugin in the future.
But as ochosi just said, a crossfading feature would probably be more useful for what you want. I'm not sure when I'll implement cross-fading, I'm sure gstreamer can do it with some work, but it is possible that they will add an easy to use cross-fading option to gstreamer like they did with gapless, so I'm rather inclined to wait for now.

That's not really what I meant...
Crossfading is usefull when you have 2 players so you can start the 2nd song at the time you want and make it fade with the end of the first one.

Here you're probably talking about the gapless option, wich is not what I was thinking about... When you have 30seconds of chat before a song, the gapless option does not help...

@ ochosi : You don't need to bookmark every of your 8 000 songs, actually I have more than 10 000 songs, but it would be usefull for songs you want to play at a party without listening the intro (which you like to hear when you're alone, or at least not during a party)

alright, you don't have to do that with *all* of your songs, but then the task of *knowing* which ones you'd like to tag remains. == too much work. (imho)

to me, this just sounds waaay too complicated and special to be implemented as a general feature in a musicplayer, you could just as well create a 'party-version' of the songs in question by cutting the intros with some tool like audacity and then create a party-filter in gmb. but that again is only my humble opinion.