Recent posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 10
February 26, 2022, 22:32:06
Thank you for this post, OP. 

I am seeking to do the same thing, but syncing the playlist to my Android device. Does anyone know of an existing solution? Or do I need to create something like the OP did for his iPod?
February 02, 2022, 00:31:04
(sorry for rarely coming around)
- for gtk3 version, slow loading of embedded pictures was a known bug. I fixed it a bit after the beta release thanks to Glib::Object::Introspection 0.049, but you need to use the git version AND have Glib::Object::Introspection >= 0.049.
- there is currently no caching of pictures on disk, in part because I rarely use a fixed picture size in gmb, even in mosaic there is a number of optional sizes, and I often thought about adding a custom size option in the submenu. So the caching would only be really useful for overly large pictures, or if the original is on a slow disk/network.
January 29, 2022, 09:03:44
I'll check further. So far I have never noticed any delay in the artwork loading (between sessions).
January 28, 2022, 00:32:46
MountainX, are you sure it's caching? I have never found a caching function for GMB, and like hutber, it always has to read right from the  disk.

This used to be fine, because I have an SSD. However, I have found that the new GMB, which uses GTK3, takes noticeably longer to load album art. Also, if I'm reading files from an external drive or SD card, it is very slow.

Now, GMB will cache artwork in the session. So if I go to a filter with a bunch of albums, they might take a while to load in, but then when I go back to that filter, those images are still in RAM so they load instantly. But it would be cool if everything would load instantly, between sessions.
January 26, 2022, 19:31:27

A screenshot is attached. Hopefully you all can see it inline. If not, here is the URL: https://ibb.co/1rR2SyQ
December 01, 2021, 14:28:03
I came here to post a question about cover art, but I have found a solution.

So sometimes, if I have two different albums with the same name, gmb will show the same cover art for both. No matter what I do — renaming the album, removing and re-adding songs, even changing the filenames — nothing will get the album art to show properly.

You can right click an album cover and replace the picture with a file for that album, but this requires that cover art image to stay in place. If you keep your art embedded in the MP3s, this isn't a great solution.

However, you can right click to set the album art, and then choose one of the mp3s themselves as the source. As long as your album art is embedded correctly, this will set the art to what it's supposed to be.
November 14, 2021, 16:01:23
First let me thank you for this wounderful software. Its really impressive what it can do and how you can customize it.

I using gmb for quite some time but never got around to look into the layouts. Now I did and have a technical question.

I would like to put two elements in a vertical box and allow the user to change the position between the two, i.e. change the size. This works fine horizontally, but not vertically. I have not seen that case in one of the default layouts, so I do not where to look for an example.

Consider

VBColumn = _HBone _HBtwo
  HBone = FilterPane1(..)
  HBone = FilterPane2(..)

When I do serveral Columns I can change the horizontal size but not the vertical one.
November 02, 2021, 19:28:10
GMB is caching album artwork for me. I did not have to do anything to achieve this.
November 02, 2021, 19:14:35
Please don't accept my reply as the authoritative solution as I am new to GMB. But I think if you remove (or rename) the following file it will completely clear the library and all your settings, making GMB like a fresh installation:

/home/<your_user>/.config/gmusicbrowser/gmbrc

You can also edit the file with a text editor.
November 02, 2021, 19:09:10
I completely share your appreciation for this really amazing music player! I've been using it for a few months and it continues to impress me every day. I am so thankful to have this player available. I have sent a couple donations to the developer and I will send more.
1 2 3 4 5 6 10