Bonjour,

Juste pour savoir, les modifications de la version Shimmer ont-elles été incorporées dans les dernières versions de Gmusicbrowser ?

Merci

Sorry to reply in english but my french has become a bit more rusty than I'd like...

Some of the shimmer changes have been included upstream, but not all of them. So you'll still find some differences.

Frankly, it's been too long that I've been actively looking at the code that I could say what differences remain functionally. (What I remember is the cover-popup, the album and artist-left-click-menus, but there may be more, I guess Queue and totaltime-widget changes.)

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. Ok good to ear about Shimmer mods, the change I expected especially is the one I described here: http://forum.gmusicbrowser.org/index.php?topic=738.0
I miss "Clear playlist" & "Shuffle playlist" buttons, then the dropdown to switch between "Normal / Wait / Auto-fill / Stop / Quit"...
Can you see them with 1.1.12 version & Shimmer layout?

Yeah, I can see those buttons. It's strange, we've had a discussion on this subject only a few days ago on IRC, not sure it was resolved in the end to be honest...

Maybe Quentin and I need to sit down some day and resolve the remaining differences in some way so that everyone gets a consistent experience again.

Wow that could be great! I'll try with the last version, maybe it's already better (for my case) than it was with 1.1.9.

Are you the man behind the Shimmer project?

Well, we're actually a group. But yes, I'm a member of the project, mostly working on Greybird, elementary-xfce etc.

Oh nice!  Bravo & many thanks for your job guys! Those themes are really great (but Greybird could be also much darker ahah ;)
Glad to see Gmusicbrowser project is still alive and well active. Perhaps you could tell me if you have any plans about crossfading between songs feature? This is what I miss the most (and probably a lot of other users) with Gmusicbrowser!!

Re: crossfade: In case you're using gstreamer you can go to the preferences -> audio tab and there to "advanced settings". You can try to use the "gapless" playback.

I was just told by the user we discussed this with that the queue-buttons problem hasn't been resolved for him, so I guess we'll have to tackle that at some point in the near future.

Yes, already tried the Gapless feature, but that's not the same thing and it's still experimental  :-\ I remember some crash happened before.
I just installed 1.1.12 and the queue buttons issue still persists, my bad! :-( Are you using Shimmer version but in 1.1.12?

QuoteI miss "Clear playlist" & "Shuffle playlist" buttons, then the dropdown to switch between "Normal / Wait / Auto-fill / Stop / Quit"...
I'll add clear and shuffle buttons, so at least you should be able to reproduce all the queue buttons in a layout. As to adding the the option that simply adds a predefined button bar to the QueueList, I don't know.

QuoteYes, already tried the Gapless feature, but that's not the same thing and it's still experimental  :-\ I remember some crash happened before.
It should be stable now, with a current version of perl-glib. But of course it is not crossfade, in fact the gapless is disabled in random mode. gapless is meant for songs that follow each other in an album, crossfade is meant for songs that have nothing in common.
About crossfade, currently I'm hoping that gstreamer implement it as a plugin so I don't have to while I focus on other stuff.