Hi there guys.

I'm new to this forum and, in fact, new to gmusicbroser. I'm astonished with the power of this app and I have to say that it allowed me to step into the Linux world (even though I was using open source programs under Windows preparing myself to move on, I was stuck to Win due to another amazing music library app: MediaMonkey).

Although, there is something I miss in GMB: the ability to play audio CDs and to catalog them into my library WITHOUT ripping them.

I don't know if this was already discussed, my apologies in that case, but I would like to suggest this feature or to know the rationale behind its ausence.

Thanks in advance!

Pablo

Sorry but no, supporting playing CDs or cataloging them is not planned.
With the ever growing hard-disk sizes, I don't think supporting physical CDs makes much sense. Even if you only want lossless, you can put a lot of CDs on a 2TB hard disk, and it is just so much more practical.
Why do you want to catalog CDs without ripping them ?

Well, to avoid the workload and the time waste!!!

I own a 200 CD colletion, which is not the biggest you can imagine, and I don't want to spend so many time rippin' all of them!

Cataloging them is just a way to know what you have and where, and you always can rip just what you really hear  most frequently.

But well, I understand your point and it is something I can live with ;-)

Best regards!!!!

Pablo