first this is an awesome player. linux equivalent of foobar2000 which is exactly what i was looking for. thanks :)

i done goofed and set up my layout as minimal which works awesomely. just i somehow cant get back to settings. is there a shortcut to the main settings where u choose layouts, library folders etc. the main settings. ive right clicked everywhere cant find a  link.

thanks

The minimal layout has a settings button, the icon depends on your theme, but it should be the second button from the left.
Alternatives to change your layout are :
* trayicon menu -> settings
* "-l layout_id" option in the command line, the layout_id is the part between [] in layouts files
* deleting the line that begins with "Layout:" in your gmbrc

the command line with original gave me a running instance in which i could see the settings button. thanks

layout wasnt minimal but playlist. would like to know how to get to settings from playlist layout as i find that suits my needs the best

Quote from: brian-w on October 03, 2012, 20:43:57
layout wasn't minimal but playlist. would like to know how to get to settings from playlist layout as i find that suits my needs the best
The "Playlist" layout should have a menu that contains an entry to open the settings.

Just to prove this was not a stupid question I am new to this browser and now stuck I playlist view.

I can't fid a menu anywhere!

Quote from: [email protected] on July 20, 2014, 11:16:18
Just to prove this was not a stupid question I am new to this browser and now stuck I playlist view.

I can't fid a menu anywhere!
Sorry for not replying sooner, if you still have this problem, the easiest way is to run "gmusicbrowser -cmd OpenPref" in a terminal, that will open the preferences dialog, you can then change the layout in the layouts tab.
As for the menu, in some layouts it is a button with a preference icon, some don't have a menu at all but should have at least a button that open the preferences dialog.