I am using the following in my layout

VBLeft = VBplayer _TBLeft
TBLeft = _"Artist/Album Playing" SongTree(activate=queue, activate2=addplay, songypad=1, group=Play:album) _"Context" Context _"Artist" ArtistSearch(activate=queue, activate2=addplay, songypad=1) _"Album" AlbumSearch(activate=queue, activate2=addplay, songypad=1) _"Playlist" SongList1(cols=playandqueue titleaa,mode=playlist,group=1,follow=1)

And it is a fantastic layout...

What would make it SO AWESOME I could not stand it is if in the Album and Artist lists I could also right click and edit from those...

Reason being is the searching from those are so much faster in finding what I am looking for whether it be Artist/Abum/Track because these are context sensitive searches and very fast.. But once I find anything there I really cannot do anything but Enqueue them (which is set by design).  What I really want is just to be able to edit anything found in these searches by a right click, just like you can from any playlist

So, are there a variables that would allow me to add these functions to these lists within my layout or would I have to change the behavior in another area?

Thanks!~

The ArtistSearch and AlbumSearch widgets are a bit neglected, I'm not sure they are really needed anymore.
You can get something close to ArtistSearch/AlbumSearch by using something like this :

NBtest= VBartist VBalbum
VBartist= (tabtitle=_"Artist") SimpleSearch1(group=1,fields=artist,noselector=1) _FilterPane1(group=1,pages=artist,nb=2)
VBalbum= (tabtitle=_"Album") SimpleSearch2(group=2,fields=album,noselector=1)  _FilterPane2(group=2,pages=album,nb=2)

That is : use a SimpleSearch set to search for artist or album linked (by group=n) to a FilterPane (the filterlevel nb=2 option is because by default SimpleSearch and FilterPane are set to nb=1 but a FilterPane shows the result of nb-1)
This gives you a lot more options than ArtistSearch/AlbumSearch.

#2 February 12, 2011, 20:03:21 Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 20:13:16 by VastOne
Quote from: Quentin Sculo on February 12, 2011, 14:09:43
The ArtistSearch and AlbumSearch widgets are a bit neglected, I'm not sure they are really needed anymore.
You can get something close to ArtistSearch/AlbumSearch by using something like this :

NBtest= VBartist VBalbum
VBartist= (tabtitle=_"Artist") SimpleSearch1(group=1,fields=artist,noselector=1) _FilterPane1(group=1,pages=artist,nb=2)
VBalbum= (tabtitle=_"Album") SimpleSearch2(group=2,fields=album,noselector=1)  _FilterPane2(group=2,pages=album,nb=2)

That is : use a SimpleSearch set to search for artist or album linked (by group=n) to a FilterPane (the filterlevel nb=2 option is because by default SimpleSearch and FilterPane are set to nb=1 but a FilterPane shows the result of nb-1)
This gives you a lot more options than ArtistSearch/AlbumSearch.

Quentin,

Thank you, this does work in adding an additional "box" below my current NBlists field.  Is it possible to add it to the current NBlist with something like this -

SimpleSearch1(tabtitle=_"Artist",group=1,fields=artist,noselector=1) _FilterPane1(group=1,pages=artist,nb=2) \

I have tried this but doing it this way does not link the Simpleearch1 to the FilterPane1

Is this possible and I am just missing the syntax?

Thanks!

EDIT

I figured it out...

VBLeft = VBplayer _NBLists
    NBLists = SongTree(tabtitle=_"Artist/Album Playing",activate=queue, activate2=addplay, songypad=1, group=Play:artist) \
Context(tabtitle=_"Context") \
VBartist \
VBalbum \
# ArtistSearch(tabtitle=_"Artist",activate=queue, buttons=1) \
# AlbumSearch(tabtitle=_"Album",activate=queue, buttons=1) \
SongSearch(tabtitle=_"Song",activate=queue,buttons=1) \
SongList(tabtitle=_"Playlist",activate=queue,activate2=addplay,mode=playlist,group=2,follow=1)
VBartist= (tabtitle=_"Artist") SimpleSearch1(group=1,fields=artist,noselector=1) _FilterPane10(group=1,pages=artist,nb=2)
VBalbum= (tabtitle=_"Album") SimpleSearch2(group=2,fields=album,noselector=1)  _FilterPane11(group=2,pages=album,nb=2)

The only issue now is the Artist search works perfectly, but the Album one does not, it searches but sends the results to the playlist instead of the field it is in... I will figure this one out

Solved it by changing group=2 to group=3

VBalbum= (tabtitle=_"Album") SimpleSearch2(group=3,fields=album,noselector=1) _FilterPane11(group=3,pages=album,nb=2)

Thanks!