One feature I miss from other players (namely, foobar2000) is "stop after current song" functionality. I imagine it should be something as simple as adding a condition check when a song ends and not going forward in playlist/queue if the mode is turned on, though I couldn't find where to put that check without breaking anything.

I think what you need is the queue actions options
it is available in more or less every layout somewhere or other
there you can choose the player behaviour at the end of the queue whether it autofills or stops or player quits or even shuts down the system.
subodh

however even i would like to have a shortcut key or something to enqueue the selected song right after the now playing one
the default behaviour is to enqueue it at the end of the queue.

how do we define the default behaviour on double clicking a song? in Arkanoid, the song plays right away but in vast one's layout it  enqueues...

thanks
dr subodh

Quote from: cardiacanesthesia on March 13, 2011, 11:53:38
I think what you need is the queue actions options
it is available in more or less every layout somewhere or other
there you can choose the player behaviour at the end of the queue whether it autofills or stops or player quits or even shuts down the system.
subodh

Not really - I want an option to stop playback after a song ends, even if there are others after it in queue or playlist. This can be useful when you have to stop listening to music but want to let one last song finish, or when you want to play a single song from the middle of a playlist.

#4 March 13, 2011, 13:45:08 Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 16:55:52 by lovecraft
right click in stop button

#5 March 13, 2011, 21:32:29 Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 21:35:36 by VastOne
Quote from: cardiacanesthesia on March 13, 2011, 11:57:15
however even i would like to have a shortcut key or something to enqueue the selected song right after the now playing one
the default behaviour is to enqueue it at the end of the queue.

how do we define the default behaviour on double clicking a song? in Arkanoid, the song plays right away but in vast one's layout it  enqueues...

thanks
dr subodh
activate=queueinsert  is what I use to queue as next on a double click

activate=queue would put it at the end

activate=play starts the track playing

Compare layout files and you will see these differences and can find what you want or like

Yes I understand what you want, I think the current "stop after queue" mode was originally meant to behave like this, I'm not sure why it eventually ended up to be "after the queue', maybe to make it work more like the other modes.
I'll take a look, and I think I'll add it in the next few weeks, and change the "right-click on stop" shortcut to use it.