Recent posts

1 8 9 10
January 05, 2021, 19:25:36
1. "bitperfect .WAV format"
I'd just like to point out that they will still be bit-perfect if you compress them to a lossless format like flac, there is really no reason to keep wav files, unless you are using them with software that doesn't support lossless formats.

2. WavPack has nothing to do with .wav files, they use .wv files, yes it's misleading

3. I recently (only in git version currently) added what I call partially-supported formats or read-only formats, so you will be able to add any format recognized by gstreamer or the mediainfo command, this include wav files, but any metadata you edit in those partially supported files will stay inside gmb.
But again, see 1.
January 01, 2021, 13:26:50
Quote from: Quentin Sculo on December 31, 2020, 17:57:03It's a known issue, it's only if you're not using a gmb icon theme I think (changing the icon theme requires a restart because it's currently a mess) it's affecting the gtk theme icons that have a direction (left-to-right or right-to-left) because my code tries to check if the icon exists but it doesn't work for them.
The whole icon code needs fixing, I'll focus on it soon.
Do you actually need a hand?
I have some programming experience though not in Perl but Java and Python. Do you have a good starting point to get used to Perl and particularly to your code?
December 31, 2020, 18:24:06
Using the default gmb icon theme solves this issue.
Thank you very much, Quentin!
December 31, 2020, 17:57:03
It's a known issue, it's only if you're not using a gmb icon theme I think (changing the icon theme requires a restart because it's currently a mess) it's affecting the gtk theme icons that have a direction (left-to-right or right-to-left) because my code tries to check if the icon exists but it doesn't work for them.
The whole icon code needs fixing, I'll focus on it soon.
December 31, 2020, 13:02:44
Hi all!

Since upgrading to gtk3 control icons are not displayed correctly. I attached a screenshot to visualize the problem.
The layout is a self-made layout called "TabbedPlaylist". But I think it has anything to do with the layout, since I used this layout with former gtk2 versions. Everything worked fine. Though i do not know if settings have changed with the transition to gtk3.

I do not know if it's a bug or else. I also cannot get custom icons to work.
I tried to install these icons: https://gitlab.com/JustPerfection/Platinum-Icon-set-for-GMusicbrowser/-/tree/master. They do not even show up in the "Layouts" options.

Has this occurred to anybody else? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Vlad

PS: I am using gmb on archlinux. Current gmb version is 1.1.99.1.
December 30, 2020, 18:56:44
Hi, thanks for reply. I'll try if it freezes again. I sent you a PM regarding sending the gmbrc file. Actually there are a lot of files with Japanese or other language titles. Particularly the Japanese was often a garbled mess (encoding undefinable)  when I got them. Over time I fixed much of that. (No, I don't speak Japanese :) )

In the meantime, I installed the 1.109901 version. Works fine so far. Maybe a few glitches, but overall well.  But I still have a gmprc file from the 1.1016 version
December 30, 2020, 06:33:27
Thank you for your reply!

I use them not because I care for the exact order, but because I have over 4k songs, many many albums, back in windows I used musicbee to make playlists for each occasion. The thing is: 80% of my music files have some wrong labels... because musicbee auto-tag kind of made a mess with them (like there are songs labeled 3 different genres and none of them is the right one), so is not really a problem of your software! (actually, after trying on at least 10 other linux music players, this one won my heart, even after Clementine)

I like this concept of preferring labels over playlists, seems better now that I'm thinking about it. The migration from the different organization methods is the only annoying part of it.
December 29, 2020, 22:20:51
If you are using the gtk3 version it's because there is a bug from the porting to gtk3, I've fixed it in git. Thanks for reporting it.

The playlist are not saved in independent files.
To be honest I don't use m3u lists myself so the support for them is rather minimal. Generally, lists are discouraged unless you care about the order of the songs, using labels is a much more flexible solution in most cases. That doesn't mean I won't improve the use of lists, but there is so many other things that I want to improve...

December 29, 2020, 17:53:50
Hi,
My only guess is that some very weird character in the artist names is causing this, an easy way to test this is sending me your gmbrc file (located in ~/.config/gmusicbrowser) be warned that it contains all the options and songs metadata, if you prefer I could give you a command that just print out all artist names, but it might not be enough.

Also you might avoid a reboot by using ctrl-alt-F1, login in, kill the process, and ctrl-alt-F7 to go back to the gui.
December 28, 2020, 09:45:49
I'm using Debian 10, whenever I try to import a playlist it does nothing. I get to choose the folder, select the files, but then nothing is imported.

So I was wondering, where the playlists are saved? Can I manually import them?
1 8 9 10