hello there -
  first, let me say i think gmusicbrowser is great.  i had been a dedicated foobar2000 user, but when i made the big switch from window$ to linux, i was left without my (highly customized) foobar setup.  gmusic fills that void nicely, thanks for developing it. 
  so - now a question, i've been playing with editing layouts, and i've got one that i like, but i can't figure out how to make the text scroll automatically rather than on mouseover (or if that's possible...)  any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

keep up the good work!
jk

Hi, it was not possible to scroll the text automatically, but I thought about it a few times before, so I decided to add it :) (though I don't like things moving continuously myself).
I've just committed it to the git repo (sorry, won't be available to v1.0.x) along with an option to change the scrolling speed, just add autoscroll=1 to the text widgets you want, you can change the default interval from 50 (ms, smaller is faster) with for example interval=60 (the default interval when autoscroll=0 is 20)
Sadly it seems to flicker a bit :( don't know why.

hi quentin -
  great!  thanks for adding it after all - i don't always like things constantly moving either, but sometimes i like a nice slow scroll, so it's nice to hear the interval will be variable as well!
thanks again for a great music oranizer/player.  i've tried just about everything available for linux, and gmusic is far and away the best for my likings.

rock on...
    jk