I am in the process of switching from Windows XP to Linux Mint Debian Edition and have installed gmusicbrowser.1.1.10 in Linux Mint.
I have imported my songs from Windows XP where I am running JRivers Music Jukebox 8.400.

All of my songs are classified by genre (as well as artist, album, and alphabetically).

Gmusicbrowser has created playlists based on genre, but has used all of the genres listed in the properties of the songs (11k+). Thus, under the "Female Torch" genre, I have only only  song. Ditto for other songs to which I have assigned more than one genre. By contrast, my JRivers dynamic playlist has 439 songs  in the "Female Torch" genre.

I cannot find a "help" section on this program.

Will someone who is experienced in this program help me set up my smartlists (dynamic playlists) without changing any properties?

I can, if given your email address, send some of these files to you to help illustrate my problem.

I'm making an attempt here to ask one question at a time. So I can keep it simple for me and not overload anyone who can help. And if you are in or near Grensboro, N.C., please drop me a PM here and maybe we can get together for you to help me.

Thanks. BTW, you can download jrivers music jukebox from the jrivers interact

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Old_Versionsand go to their wiki under older versions.

The download and 1st 30 days are free. but even with WINE and Crossover Linux, I can't get this program to run properly on Linux.

Thanks,
tlcmd (aka Dick)

Hi,
From what you are saying, it seems that either
1) gmusicbrowser hasn't read the genres the same way that jrivers does, then send me a file that shows the problems by email (you can use the email displayed in my profile)
2) maybe you haven't created the playlist the right way, maybe you can show me some screenshots that illustrate how you found 1 song for the genre "Female Torch". Entering  genre:"Female Torch" in the search bar should show the songs containing a genre that contains "Female Torch", you can also use = instead of : to search an exact match, but note that it is case-sensitive