Hi.

I've just noticed this today. I was using a recent git version and I've updated to the latest right now to try. When I start gmb the volume goes automatically to 90% from whatever level it had, I adjust it with the multimedia keys or from the volume tray icon and whenever a song starts it resets again to 90%. I use the gstreamer backend with pulseaudio, it doesn't happen with other backends.

I have no idea where's the fault, anyone?

afaik pulseaudio manages the volume per application, which would mean that once you set that in your pulseaudio-mixer it resets it to that level everytime you use the application...

Thanks for answering. It happens just with gmb, I've tried changing volumes from the pulseaudio-mixer for Totem and VLC but they never get saved/restored. It's pretty annoying since volume resets with every song change making the soft volume useless. Do you know where this volumes may be saved?

I'm using pulseaudio 0.9.21-3 in a Debian Sid.

sorry, to be honest i have no clue. i removed pulse-audio a while ago because i just didn't see the point of it (for my usage).
also: i don't use gstreamer but mplayer (lower cpu-usage).

you can also change the volume within gmusicbrowser - either choose a layout that has the volbar or simply use the scrollwheel over the trayicon to adjust the volume. maybe that helps.

Thank you very much, you pointed the flaw. I didn't remember about the volume bar in gmb, the layouts I use don't have it.

So, the problem is that I can't control the volume level from the pulseaudio icon tray since it gets overriden by the gmb level setting everytime a song starts. While pulseaudio gets the volume updates from gmb, gmb doesn't get the volume changes done from the pulseaudio volume control, thus gmb resets volume every new song.

thanks for reporting this problem.
The change of behavior is due to using playbin2 instead of playbin even when not using the gapless option.
playbin2 use the pulseaudio volume when used with pulseaudio.

I'll see what I can do, in the meantime you can change this line :
my $pb= $playbin2_ok ? 'playbin2' : 'playbin';
by
my $pb= $playbin2_ok ? 'playbin' : 'playbin';
in gmusicbrowser_gstreamer-0.10.pm to force using playbin instead of playbin2
(provided you don't use the still unstable gapless option)

Doing this change on the latest git version returns these errors when pressing play and playing doesn't start:

*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   type GStreamer::Pipeline does not support property 'flags' at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_gstreamer-0.10.pm line 105.
***  ignoring at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1164.
*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   Can't call method "get_name" on unblessed reference at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_gstreamer-0.10.pm line 181.
***  ignoring at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1164.

Yes sorry, the proper way to force using playbin instead of playbin2 would be to insert :
$playbin2_ok=0;
before the line I mentioned.
Anyway, I made a tiny fix in git that fix most of the problem, changing the volume in pulseaudio won't be reflected in gmb yet, but at least the volume won't be reset everytime.

Thanks, this fix is good enough. Still, muting/unmuting volume in gmb did re-set the volume, but it's not important for me as I never do it, I just noticed it when testing the fix.