I like gmusicbrowser, because it does what I want, and I like Perl.
I control gmusicbrowser with KDE keybord shortkeys via gmusicplayer -cmd .
Now i would like to call the notify plugin with a shortkey in a running instance for to popup only when requested.

Any ideas how to realize?

Thank you a lot.

hm, i have no clue how notifications work in kde, but in gnome or xfce you could install the package "libnotify-bin" which provides you with the commandline-interface to the notification-system.

you can then make your specific kb-shortcut call a script that executes the "notify-send $blabla" call and does whatever you want to do in gmusicbrowser.

but possibly i'm not getting where you wanna go with this and you have to explain it in more detail...

Quote from: ochosi on March 12, 2011, 23:01:19
hm, i have no clue how notifications work in kde, but in gnome or xfce you could install the package "libnotify-bin" which provides you with the commandline-interface to the notification-system.

you can then make your specific kb-shortcut call a script that executes the "notify-send $blabla" call and does whatever you want to do in gmusicbrowser.

but possibly i'm not getting where you wanna go with this and you have to explain it in more detail...

Thank you very much for your answer. I feared, my question was not clear. Tanks for your patience.
To call a notification system is not the problem.
The gmusicbrowser plugin "notify"  (notify.pm) shows me informations about the played track and pops up while jumping to the next track.

But I want to see this popup by pressing a special keyboard key only.

Any other solution  outside the plugin is welcome also,

I'll add a command to do that.
Note that the PopupTrayTip can be interesting too, especially since you can customize the window that pops up.

Thank you all a lot.
I do it now with a kdialog or zenity call, this is good enough for me now.

The perl code of gmusicbrowser is charming and allows quickly done adjustments in any way.

Thanks to all developers.