Hi there. :)

I am just getting to know gmusicbrowser, and it's a phantastic piece of software. I used to have a highly customized foobar2000 back in my Windows days and this is indeed a worthy replacement.

However I am having trouble displaying the "composer" tag that I use in all my mp3s. I can see it's content just fine, when I check the "song properties" of a song. However when I add a composer column to a SongList, every song reads "<unknown>".

I have already found out that columns are generated from entries in the "fields" list, but there I cannot create a composer field that actually reads my tags. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much!

Note that you have to use the by-default-disabled composer field, and not create a custom field, as most custom field for now can not read/write their value in the file tag.

One thing that you have probably missed, is that after enabling the composer field, you have to restart, and then re-read the tags of all the songs : a ctrl-a ->right-click menu->"re-read tags" will do that. I will need to find a way to tell the user to do it, maybe a dialog after restarting with new fields.

Once you have the composer values, you can add a tab among the artist/album/labels/... tabs by right clicking on the tabs. You can also display the composer for the current song, but for that you have to edit your layout.

Let me know if you need more help

Thank you, this solved the problem completely. :)