After playing around with several music manager I think that gmusicbroser is best in the compromise of simplicity and functionality. Thanks a lot for such a program.

I would like to use it to create playlists that I can use to import music to an Ipod. For this it would be great to either show the size in MB for the current play list, or to add a crop option, that limits the size of the saved play list to a spezified value.

Just another small thing I miss to make gmb really perfect is the option to fade during the transition of two subsequent songs (if not subsequent in the same album).

With these two options this software would be perfect for me and I would not need to play around with other programs anymore. If these options are already available, but I have overseen them, I would be glad for some pointers.

Thanks a lot

To view the length/size of a list, there is a widget that can do that (called Total), it also has a mode to show the size/length of the selected songs. Some layouts have it some don't, I want to add it to "list library and context" but I don't know where, adding it to one side only breaks the symmetry between the 2 sides, adding it to both may be too much.
I can help you adding it to a specific layout if you want.

About cross-fading, I currently hope gstreamer implement it (I don't know what their plans currently are regarding this), which would be better and much simpler for me, as currently I use a gstreamer object (playbin) that basically do much of the work itself and implementing cross-fading myself would, as far as I know, require basically reimplementing most of this gstreamer object.

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on November 04, 2012, 00:11:01
To view the length/size of a list, there is a widget that can do that (called Total), it also has a mode to show the size/length of the selected songs. Some layouts have it some don't, I want to add it to "list library and context" but I don't know where, adding it to one side only breaks the symmetry between the 2 sides, adding it to both may be too much.

That's interesting as I would also like to be able to limit a playlist to a certain size in order to fit onto a microsd card in an android phone. Can you tell me which layoiuts have the 'Total' widget pls

Regards
Dave Le Huray
Guernsey

Sorry for not replying sooner.
A lot of layouts have a Total widget. And I should really add one to the default "List Library and Context", you should try some of the layouts in the layout menu, most of those I looked at had one.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I must be missing something really obvious because I have been through the other layouts but unfortunately I cannot see anything that looks like a Total widget anywhere on the screen. The only thing I have found is the size option when creating/editing a playlist but that only allows up to Mb sizes. Would a screenshot be possible?

btw I am using gmusicbrowser 1.1.9 as provided in Mints/Ubuntus repositories, could that be the problem?

Thanks again

Regards
Dave Le Huray
Guernsey

Layout Garage 6 :

Total is in the bottom right and if you let the pointer over, there is a tip with indications

Aah I see it now, thanks very much.

Unfortunately that doesnt really help.What I would like to do is set up a smart playlist which selects random tracks from my library but which will not exceed , say, 7Gb in total length without having to delete tracks from the playlist.

Thanks again

Regards
Dave Le Huray
Guernsey