April 19, 2012, 11:21:22 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:23:03 by frogsinpants
Hi and thanks again for this great software. I'm looking for a way to set play count to 1 as I want to mark a lot of albums as played. I like to have gmb play the "never played" songs and since I migrated from another player I'd like to filter out albums I've already heard. Thanks. I'm on Ubuntu Lucid, Gmb 1.1.6.

It's not possible to do that normally.
2 solutions:
- add a "edit_many=>1," line to the playcount section of "/usr/share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_songs.pm" (need to be root/use sudo)
- use this script : https://gist.github.com/2422493 it is a simple script that sets the playcount for 1 song, it can easily be used/edited to do that for more songs
let me know if you have problems

Thank you! I will try it out and report back.

If all you want to do is 'mark albums played' you could consider using labels for that.

Other than that, you can select wanted songs from playlist, right-click 'Song Properties', click 'Select fields' from bottom left of dialog and choose 'playcount'. You should now be able to set them individually for songs, so not very nice if you have a lot of songs. I believe this is also only possible if you have less than 1000 songs selected, so if If you need to change more, just do it in parts.

Thanks. I tried with labels. It works when right clicking and following the menu, but I cannot figure out how to set a shortcut. Still, right clicking and setting labels is not too bad as a solution. Editing the play count manually and individually is not an options since I want to do this with many thousand songs.

I wasn't very clear on my first solution, after adding "edit_many=>1," to the file, a playcount entry will appear in the upper part of the "edit properties" dialog, so you can easily set a value for thousands of songs.
simply : sudo gedit /usr/share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_songs.pm
search for "playcount", add the line.
Of course that will disappear your gmb version is updated, but you probably won't need it then anyway.

Thanks Quentin! That worked nicely and is exactly what I needed. Makes me love open source.