I may be just missing something, but... Say I'm in my default view (layout is "shimmer desktop"), I have a list of (several hundred) artists at left, and I right-click on a song (on the right) and do "Find Songs with Same Artists".  Now I have just one artist listed on the left.

How do I get back to the list of all artists?  I haven't been able to find a way to do it other than quitting the program and starting it again.

Yes that is a bug in the layout (it's not my layout btw), the only way to reset it is by using the SimpleSearch box upper-right corner : press the reset icon or enter nothing.
Decreasing the "nb" option of the FilterPanes in the layout would fix it, and make the first FilterPane not affected by the search and able to reset it. I'll ask ochosi if it's how he would like his layout to behave.

Thanks, works perfectly.  Is there a different layout you recommend?  One of the things I'm using a lot is having the list of artists and then sorting by "number of songs in filter" so I can list artists by how many songs they have, and wasn't sure how to find that in another layout.

Also -- if I do that sort, is there any way to reverse it (so the artists with lots of songs are at the top rather than the bottom)?

Thanks, and really like the product.

I use the "lists library and context" layout, which is the official default layout (ochosi changes the default layout in his ubuntu package) though it's true it could look better.

QuoteOne of the things I'm using a lot is having the list of artists and then sorting by "number of songs in filter" so I can list artists by how many songs they have, and wasn't sure how to find that in another layout.
All layouts that have an artist FilterPane should be able to do that.
You might be interested a FilterPane feature that hides entries under a minimum of songs : make the button bar appear (in the right-click menu), and increase the number in the button bar. It's nice to hide "minor" artists.

QuoteAlso -- if I do that sort, is there any way to reverse it (so the artists with lots of songs are at the top rather than the bottom)?
I added an option to do that, it is in the recently released v1.1.9

Just got the new version, which has some better layouts and supports sorting by number of items both ascending and descending.  It is a freakin' work of art.  Congratulations.

I love cloud mode "playcount based" :)

Which layout do you use ?