March 19, 2012, 18:59:41 Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 23:25:34 by Mostly Harmless
I have/had gmusicbrowser 1.1.7 installed on my computer using Ubuntu Linux 10.04. Everything was working fine until earlier this week (March 12...)... then things changed. The player will not advance to the next song.

If I press next, the playing song stops.
If I click on a different song, it will play that song, but will not advance to the next song.
If I let the song play to the end, the player stops.
If I manually cue songs, it will play the cue, then stop.
I can go back several songs, but then I cannot go forward.

There had been no updates. But, I updated to 1.1.9 to see if this solved the problem, but the problem carried forward to the new version.

I have taken the library out of the player, shut it down, re-installed the library... no change. I have refreshed, I have cleared all filters, no effect.... I'm stumped.

I also have version 1.0.2 installed and it is working perfectly.

You probably put on the option "lock on current song"

It's probably because the "wait for more" queue mode is activated. In that mode the playing stops once the queue is empty, and resume if you add songs to the queue.

Thanks,

I have not seen a "lock on current song" option in any of the settings. If you can tell me where to find that, I will check to make sure this is not the case.

The Cue is set to normal. I have tried several different combinations of the cue setting as well as altering the play order and play filter with no change in the behaviour of the player.

This option isn't visible in all layout. Apply "list, library & context" layout and take a look just before the current song name : if "lock on current song" is on, you will see a padlock there. If there isn't, "lock" is off.

I'm not sure how that feature was activated, but you were correct mgrubert.

Thank you for the help.

I had the same problem this year, sending my gmbrc to Quentin, etc. until he found the "lock" was on :)