Is there a shortcut to search the library?

Previously I've gotten used to using ctrl+f to search the entire library (in banshee) and I find this very useful as I'm not really a playlist type of guy :).

I know we can set our own shortcuts, but the library search is not in the dropdown list.

Thanks!

Depends what you mean by "search the library"
There is a shortcut, by default insert, to open a search window (for which you choose the layout in the layouts tab)
If what you want is get the keyboard focus in the search entry, the layouts can define a shortcut for it, a few do with ctrl-l, you can this line to most layouts (the ones that have a SimpleSearch widget) to define it :
KeyBindings   = c-l SetFocusOn(SimpleSearch)
(if the layout already has a KeyBindings line, you need to append the shortcut to it)

You can also use ctrl-f instead of ctrl-l but some widgets (lists) use that shortcut to search, and it can't currently be overriden as I still have to decide if I give to the users the option for shortcuts to override the focused widget default shortcuts or if I try to be "smart" about it.

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on November 12, 2012, 16:09:35
Depends what you mean by "search the library"
There is a shortcut, by default insert, to open a search window (for which you choose the layout in the layouts tab)
If what you want is get the keyboard focus in the search entry, the layouts can define a shortcut for it, a few do with ctrl-l, you can this line to most layouts (the ones that have a SimpleSearch widget) to define it :
KeyBindings   = c-l SetFocusOn(SimpleSearch)
(if the layout already has a KeyBindings line, you need to append the shortcut to it)

You can also use ctrl-f instead of ctrl-l but some widgets (lists) use that shortcut to search, and it can't currently be overriden as I still have to decide if I give to the users the option for shortcuts to override the focused widget default shortcuts or if I try to be "smart" about it.

The KeyBindings in the layout worked perfectly, thanks :). I'll give ctrl+f a try as well, but I'll get used to ctrl+l too.