Sorry for being repetetive
but Why not  try the Mirage Plugin from Banashee?
by selecting songs with similar audio properties?

QuoteSorry for being repetetive
but Why not  try the Mirage Plugin from Banashee?
by selecting songs with similar audio properties?
my simple answer is that i already wrote a plugin that accesses last.fm's api (so i'm familiar with it) and the current implementation seemed easiest for now (it's about 30 lines of new code added to the artistinfo-plugin).
i can look at mirage if 1) the current similar-artists implementation doesn't satisfy me and 2) i have enough time to start a new project.

i'll post the call for testing in a new thread.

#17 August 24, 2011, 15:56:10 Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 16:06:56 by VastOne
EDIT - I have since found that Ochosi has done exactly this in the shimmer project..

I do not know what ever became of this discussion, but after reading it I had a thought..

From the artistinfo plugin the similar artist feature does a great job capturing a similar artist and basing a % on it, IMHO

So why not capture that info in your plugin and just like artistinfo have the ability to choose the % of accuracy...

So if I only wanted artists from my library that is 65% similar then every thing 65% - 100% would be added...  this gives the range needed to really isolate or be as vague as one wanted...

If I understood the code a little better, I would try this.. 

And of course, I could be dead wrong on the idea anyway...  Just my 3 cents...

:)
quentin updated the artistinfo-plugin to the latest version (including the queue-mode) a few days ago, so feel free to grab it from there.
or if you're a ubuntu-user: i just recently uploaded a new version to the ppa which also has the new artistinfo-plugin (with the queue-mode) included.

I am now using this and it is fantastic!!  It was the only thing I missed from other players..

Thank you ochosi and squentin!!