Hi

Having some issues on figuring out how playlists are managed in 1.1 I want to load my current collection of 1500 tracks and then remove the ones I don't want as I listen to them. 

So far its not working out and when I reopen the playlist all the tracks that I removed are back and nothing is saved. Now sometimes the tracks I removed do get removed from the list but most of the time they are back in the list after I switch playlist or close and restart GMB

Are playlists just filters and not a standard playlist that hold the file path info?

Thanks

i guess what you want is "remove from library" instead of removing the songs from a playlist. (...since gmusicbrowser handles your music rather like a library than a playlist.) to do that right-click a song -> remove -> remove from library (as opposed to: remove from list in your example).

but: if your music is in your gmusicbrowser-search-folders (see in the settings) and you click "scan" these removed songs will be added again (so e.g. if the option "search for new songs on startup" is activated removing songs from the library still wouldn't help).

How do you remove them and do you want them to be removed from the library or only from a given list ?

The playlist in gmb can be either a filter or a static list.
Though the playlist can be be reset to the whole library in some cases, unchecking the option 'Current song must always be in the playlist' in the misc tab of v1.1.x should prevent most resets, but the option is not yet working in all cases.
So if you want to preserve your playlist, you should save it in a named list.
One thing that changed in v1.1.x compared to v1.0.x is that now, when playing a saved list, a copy of the list is used as the playlist, so changes to the playlist won't affect the original saved list. Maybe that's your problem if your question is specific to v1.1.x.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm not sure this answer your questions, if you want a better answer, you should try describing what you do and what you'd like to happen in more details.

I have some files than I don't want to be played normally, interviews, segues, bad sounding tracks,... The way I keep them from playing is tagging them as dontplay or something more specific, then I setup a new filter than doesn't ever play files with these tags.