First install dconf-tools, if not :
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools
Second run dconf-editor :
dconf-editor
Browse to desktop.unity.panel to find the field : systray-whitelist and add gmusicbrowser to the list.
Before field contains, for instance :
['JavaEmbeddedFrame', 'Wine', 'scp-dbus-service', 'Update-notifier', 'clementine']
After field contains :
['JavaEmbeddedFrame', 'Wine', 'scp-dbus-service', 'Update-notifier', 'clementine','gmusicbrowser']

Suggestion for Quentin : Make gmusicbrowser modify this field during installation

How can i do the same but for Gnome-fallback Ubuntu 12.04 ???

I cant see the gm icon on the systray.

Thanks in advance!

Do you have it set in Settings/Layout/Show Tray Icon?

If you do, you are most likely missing an indicator tool that Ubuntu uses...

I am sure someone will be by to tell you hat you need... I use Debian and od not know what Ubuntu needs...

Yes.. I have activated Settings/Layout/Show Tray Icon..
Somebody knows which indicator ubuntu needs?

Thanks!

Quote from: ri60 on May 09, 2012, 17:42:05
How can i do the same but for Gnome-fallback Ubuntu 12.04 ???

You have to add the "notification area" applet : alt-right click on an empty space of the panel, choose "add to panel", and choose "notification area"

#6 September 01, 2012, 16:34:39 Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 23:09:22 by aixaardin
on pure Unity (Ubuntu 12.04) the dconf solution does not work for me. I see the tray icon on song change appear on the global menu position briefly but I cannot summon it with mouse focus. Any suggestion?

**UPDATE**
This fixed it.
sudo apt-get install indicator-appmenu

Tray Icon with Unity == happy camper

#7 October 10, 2012, 18:17:58 Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 13:26:28 by Lisa1980
Didn't work for me unless I removed 'guayadeque' from the whitelist. Because I still had guayadeque installed when I switched to gmusicbrower.

EDIT:
I found out that also tray icons from other audio players interfere with gmusicbrowser, not only guayadeque. So keep this in mind when putting gmusicbrowser in Unity's whitelist. You first have to remove those other entries from other audio players, so that gmusicbrowser's tray icon appears in the panel.